PDA

View Full Version : Cherry From Visits

Bernie Weishapl
07-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Well got the wood cut up today that I received while touring and visiting. The first picture is from Cathy and the second two pictures are from Tony De Masi big log. Both had cracks on the ends so cut of the ends but they won't go to waste as the ends will make some nice smoking wood. Anyway hopefully will have some time to do some turning. Tony's big blanks and Cathy's big ones I am hoping to core. Thanks again for the wood. It is truly appreciated.

Steve Schlumpf
07-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Wow Bernie!!! Looks like quite the score! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of them!

John Hart
07-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Very nice. Boy, those logs on the left sure look to be delightful in their color. I can't wait Bernie. Go ahead and turn it all tonight!!:)

Leo Van Der Loo
07-03-2010, 10:50 PM
You should be able to get some nice bowls out of those pieces Bernie, just don't wait and give it a chance to split on you, that would be a shame.
I'm sure well be seeing some nice bowls from it :D :)

David DeCristoforo
07-03-2010, 11:04 PM
"... the ends will make some nice smoking wood..."

Hummm. Never smoked any cherry. Let me know how that works out...

John Keeton
07-04-2010, 7:01 AM
Bernie, you are in cherry heaven!! Nice looking stuff, and I am quite sure you will put it to good use!

Allen Neighbors
07-04-2010, 9:42 AM
Bernie, you lucky outfit!! Good snags!
Get some photos of your coring, will you please? :)

Bernie Weishapl
07-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks again. Yep the 4 big blanks will yeild a minimum 16" and hopefully 3 bowls cored.

Allen I will surely post some pic's of the setup which is a oneway. I tried the McNaughton and the Oneway. I went with the Oneway for ease of use.

John K. going to rough out that coffee blank today.

Tony De Masi
07-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Glad you are getting to some of that Bernie. Have fun with it too.

Tony

Donny Lawson
07-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Bernie,
I sure wish you lived close to me because I could hook you up with some nice Cherry.At least a truck load or two.
Donny

Bernie Weishapl
07-04-2010, 6:23 PM
Thanks all. Donny watch out what you wish for. I may end of on your door step next trip.:eek::D;) We are planning a southern trip probably next year on our way to NC to our nieces graduation from high school.

Tom Sherman
07-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Bernie looks like you're fixin to have more fun than is allowed. Be sure to spread it out and most of all enjoy.