PDA

View Full Version : So I'm in the hospital last night

Keith Christopher
12-02-2004, 12:08 PM
come to find out I have pneumonia, yep I thought I was having a heart attack my chest was tight couldn't breathe and it kept getting worse and worse so around 8 pm I can't take it because it's so hard to breathe. about 8 hours later a couple of chest xrays I'm taking 875mg augmention and some antihistimines. feel better today but I get winded SO easy, no WW for me today

Keith

Donnie Raines
12-02-2004, 12:13 PM
I hope you feel better soon!....I had that same scare about a year ago....it really does scare you!

Jerry Olexa
12-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Keith take it easy . Get some REST and take care of yourself. We need you back in the shop!! Get well...

Ken Fitzgerald
12-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Keith....get well soon! That's some bad stuff. It's amazing how quickly it can effect you! I was rototilling my garden one day. Felt fine. The next thing I knew I was on my knees behind that rototiller. Pneumonia! Take care of yourself. Get lots of rest!

Tyler Howell
12-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey Keith,

I know all that airborn wood bye product doesn't help. Remember all your PPE DC and air filtration.
Get well soon.

TJH

Ted Shrader
12-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Keith -

Glad it was not the "big one" (ala Fred Sampson). Get some rest, finish the prescriptions, and most inportantly, make some chicken soup. :) You will be better in no time.

Get well quick!
Ted

Keith Christopher
12-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Keith....get well soon! That's some bad stuff. It's amazing how quickly it can effect you! I was rototilling my garden one day. Felt fine. The next thing I knew I was on my knees behind that rototiller. Pneumonia! Take care of yourself. Get lots of rest!
Thanks all for the well wishing. I'm just laying on the sofa readin SMC. :)

Ken,

that's almost how it happened to me. I was fine went to bed work up in the morning nothing unusual, then all of the sudden chest pain like indigestion. figured it would pass but a few hours later I was concerned but by 8 pm I was so worried and in so much pain I had to get checked out. so glad it wasn't the ticker.

Keith

Rich Konopka
12-02-2004, 1:17 PM
Keith,

That is some serious stuff. You better take care of your self and get some rest. It is going to take you a couple of weeks before you are 100%. Don't push it or you will be right back in bed.

Take care and Be well

John Miliunas
12-02-2004, 1:28 PM
Awright! Super opportunity to share all that great WW wisdom you have! :D Heck, you've got a couple thousand proxies out here to do your WW through. :)

Seriously, get lots of rest, don't forget about nourishment, take your meds, rest up and when you start feeling a bit better, don't push it. Did I mention that you really need to get plenty of rest? :) In the meantime, I'll pass along a good word to the Big Guy! Take care of yourself. :cool:

Michael Stafford
12-02-2004, 1:39 PM
Keith, sorry to hear you're down with something. Just a few weeks ago I had similar symptoms but no chest pain. As luck would have it I was going to the doctor for some routine and she said a lot of people were coming down with this one sided pneumonia. Z-pack for me knocked it out. Sure felt bad for a few days.
Last week my FIL came down with the same thing, big deal for him as he is 91. Doing fine now, thank goodness.

Keith Christopher
12-02-2004, 6:48 PM
Awright! Super opportunity to share all that great WW wisdom you have! :D Heck, you've got a couple thousand proxies out here to do your WW through. :)

Seriously, get lots of rest, don't forget about nourishment, take your meds, rest up and when you start feeling a bit better, don't push it. Did I mention that you really need to get plenty of rest? :) In the meantime, I'll pass along a good word to the Big Guy! Take care of yourself. :cool:
John,

thanks nevers hurts to have too mny folks mentioning your names and issue to the big guy!

Keith

Brian Hale
12-02-2004, 8:04 PM
WOW! Comes on quick don't it.
Glad you caught it in time and i'm sure you'll be back at it in no time.

Brian

Jim Becker
12-02-2004, 8:28 PM
I had a similar episode a few years ago and it was indeed scary. 'Hope you feel better quickly!

larry merlau
12-03-2004, 8:22 AM
well i might as well join in the ranks keith, and say by all means dont push it i have had that wonderfull ailment 3 times and not t be a giver of bad news its seems to come easier the next time. i have gotten to know exactly how big those large needles are with that hot thick yellow medicine in the back side. so take it easy and by al means watct the dust and moist air. get well soon and keep the rest of enlightned and enertained :D