PDA

View Full Version : TS: Molding Head--Do you use them?

Carroll Courtney
07-03-2010, 1:13 PM
Guys,I just pick up what I call a complete set of profiles for the TS (garage sale)and was wondering how many WWer's use them?I had a craftsman profile set that I use ever so often, maybe I'm not using it to its full potential.My question is--How often do you use yours, please explain,pics would be nice?Thanks----Carroll

Bruce Wrenn
07-03-2010, 2:47 PM
I often use my Craftsman set to run replacement siding for my home repair business. Profiles that I can't match, or new stuff isn't as wide as old. I can tell you for a fact that when making siding it is IMPORTANT to EMPTY the DC bin OFTEN:eek:! Don't ask how I know, but I do! You can use the 1" round nose cutters to do cove work on the table saw.

Mike Harrison
07-03-2010, 9:57 PM
I use it once in a while for cove molding, and I've used it for making some double hung windows for an older house my son rehabed.

Rick Potter
07-04-2010, 2:55 AM
I have a full set of Craftsman, and use them occasionally, usually the bullnose for coves. One suggestion.....make zero clearance inserts for them.

Rick Potter

Fred Perreault
07-04-2010, 9:01 AM
I have a set, and have used them numerous times. But they can be much more dangerous than the TS blade can be. The cutters offer a lot of resistance, and taking shallow cuts is required with some of the more aggressive cutter sets. What you have is a horizontal shaper, and you are standing right in the line of fire for kickback.

Troy Turner
07-04-2010, 9:49 AM
I have the old Craftsman profile set. Mine gets used when she has a picture that needs framed. It's not an everyday, every project use, but nice to have it when we need it. Oh yeah, did make about 40' of base molding a few months ago with it.

Bill White
07-04-2010, 5:13 PM
I've used mine on the RAS more than the TS.
Bill