PDA

View Full Version : You can't beat this...Infinity tool order.

Jim O'Dell
07-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, I received a nice little unexpected bonus at work this morning, and so promptly came home and put part of it to good use. :cool: I needed a new blade for my Hitachi SCMS. The factory blade is fine for framing, but not so fine for cutting anything nice. I've been wanting an Infinity blade for it for 2 years. I ordered that and a combo blade for the new saw that will work with the riving knife. (I have a Forrest WWII 30 tooth, but it's a TK.) This will allow me to send out my only decent full kerf laminate/plywood blade for sharpening. To make sure I was ordering the right things, I opened a new tab in my browser to check the models. I also wanted to check something earlier in the order process, so I added an item to that cart to look at. Closed that tab and finished the order. The dollars on the total was right, so I didn't pay any attention to the items in the order. Yep, it added the other item in, had it in the sub total, but didn't have it in the final total. Really strange. So I emailed Infinity, explained the problem, though it hadn't dawned on me at that point exactly what I had done, and asked that they leave out the part I hadn't meant to order. I figure it would be Tuesday before I heard from them, but didn't worry because I knew that it would be taken care of.
Guess what? David emailed me back tonight saying it would be changed! I replied with a thank you, that I didn't expect to hear from him until Tuesday, and to go enjoy the holiday. :D But that, my friends, is GREAT customer service. Just wanted to stand up and shine some light where it is deserved.
I'll be sure to post a review when I receive the blades. Shipping Tuesday, don't know if I'll get them by Friday or not. Oh, and he cheerfully applied the SMC discount too! Jim.

Harlan Theaker
07-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm glad you got your new blades ordered and I'm sure they'll work out great for you, however, I wouldn't necessarily call someone replying to an email GREAT customer service :confused:

Maybe good, but GREAT? GREAT would be if you received the blades already and they sent you the extra one free.

Maybe it's just me though... I have high expectations, lol.

scott spencer
07-02-2010, 11:40 PM
I've tried several Infinity products in recent years, and have always gotten stellar performance and great CS via direct responses from David whenever I've contacted them. Hope you like your blade!

Jim O'Dell
07-03-2010, 9:27 AM
Harlan, I ordered the blades at 6:30 on a Friday night on a Holiday weekend. I emailed when I noticed the problem. David emailed me back at 7:29, an hour later. I think most internet sellers, and even most of us, would have been at home finishing supper with our families!!! That's why I said it was great customer service. If it had been at 3:00 in the afternoon, then that would be normal good service. I should have said "I promptly came home after work and ordered the blades at 6:30". Sorry for any confusion.

Scott, I had purchased their dovetail kit for my Incra router fence system and am extremely happy with the quality of the tools, so was leaning to them for the blades. But your confirmation of their cut quality helped make up my mind. The Forrest WWII I got from Amazon at a smokin' price made great test cuts in the 2X4 I ripped, but haven't had any real wood to use it on. Then got the new cabinet saw and there isn't a thin kerf riving knife for it, so the WWII sits in the drawer. I'm tempted to take apart the splitter guard that mounts the same way as the knife, and see if I can find someplace that can cut it down, then grind it to make a thin kerf knife. But anyway, thanks for the reviews and charts you've supplied to us over the years!! Jim.

John Thompson
07-03-2010, 9:35 AM
I also will attest to their service and quality of their blades. They are a small company relatively speaking and that is a good thing for the consumer as only excellent customer service with great quality product allows you to get larger. I love both my General and Super General 40 T blades.

Peter Quinn
07-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Funny thing Jim, just today I received a set of Infinity passage/entry door shaper cutters I bought two days ago on ebay as a buy it now sale. Brand new, unused, in the original packaging, which itself was slightly damaged but the cutters are pristine. They were shipped from Clearwater FLA and my suspicion is they were sold by Infinity, though the seller name is not theirs. In any event the cutters are beautiful, they were shipped very quickly, I can't wait to put them to use. Price? $99. Thats less than the last router set I bought for a shaper stack! Very sharp, impressive quality. I use their cabinet sets on the shaper and have wanted this door set for a while, them boom, there it is for sale cheap. I too have always had great service when dealing with Infinity directly, and I like their tooling. Good stuff. Enjoy those blades!