PDA

View Full Version : Last bowl for the bed time.

Josh Bowman
07-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Again nothing special, but I am open for critique. The bowl is from a very old piece of bitter hickory. Although I haven't got all my tooling down, it was very smooth, before I sanded and finished if. Wanting instant gratification, I finished it with Shellawax creme.

David E Keller
07-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Pretty wood and a nice looking finish. Looks like there are a couple of tooling lines on the inside, but all in all, it looks pretty good.

Bernie Weishapl
07-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Pretty nice looking bowl. That is some pretty wood.

Tom Sherman
07-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I agree some very nice wood, good job on the bowl too. I like the burn on the rim sets everything off nicely.

John Keeton
07-03-2010, 4:14 PM
Nice work, Josh. What do you think if on the next one, you raised the band (more narrow) and not quite as thick? Perhaps even put a little embellishment on the band - a bead about a 1/3 way from the bottom of the band - or, a burn line? It might give it a whole different look.

They are coming along very nicely!!

Josh Bowman
07-03-2010, 5:03 PM
Nice work, Josh. What do you think if on the next one, you raised the band (more narrow) and not quite as thick? Perhaps even put a little embellishment on the band - a bead about a 1/3 way from the bottom of the band - or, a burn line? It might give it a whole different look.

They are coming along very nicely!!
John, you know that would look nicer. Thanks! I'm finishing the NE I posted yesterday........It's really nerve racking near the end! I guess the difference between experienced and newby is the experienced turner knows what will cause a catch, I'm just waiting the learn the next way to catch a break the bowl:o!

Allen Neighbors
07-03-2010, 6:37 PM
Good going, Josh...
Believe me, "how to catch" is a lesson you don't want to learn... you will, but you don't want to. :D