PDA

View Full Version : Saw Sharpening

Don Selke
07-02-2010, 6:23 PM
Just got back from Scott's Sharpening service in Glendale Arizona where I had several saw blades sharpened along with two router bits and a raised panel shaper cutter.
While I was there, Scott gave me the grand tour of his facility. Thousands of dollars worth of sharpening equipment both manual cutting tools and CNC sharpening equipment. I had no idea on what it took to sharpen tooling and cutting tools. Scott is a great guy and does a teriffic job. He also makes custom molding cutters for a variety of molding machines. If you ever get a chance to tour a sharpening facility it will be well worth your time.

David Helm
07-02-2010, 11:26 PM
I've been using the same saw service for thirty years. Bob's Super Saw in Bellingham Washington. Once you find a good saw shop, keep using it. They will keep you in good stead.

Nancy Laird
07-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Just got back from Scott's Sharpening service in Glendale Arizona where I had several saw blades sharpened along with two router bits and a raised panel shaper cutter.
While I was there, Scott gave me the grand tour of his facility. Thousands of dollars worth of sharpening equipment both manual cutting tools and CNC sharpening equipment. I had no idea on what it took to sharpen tooling and cutting tools. Scott is a great guy and does a teriffic job. He also makes custom molding cutters for a variety of molding machines. If you ever get a chance to tour a sharpening facility it will be well worth your time.

We have used Scott for several years, and he is a family friend as well. He's a great guy and works 12-14 hours a day, and takes two very short vacations a year. I'll have to give him a heads-up about your post, Don, and I know he'll be happy to see it.