PDA

View Full Version : Slider Setup

Mark Woodmark
07-02-2010, 5:15 PM
Finally got my Felder K500 Pro setup. Here are some pictures. The original rip fence for the sliding table had the material hold down clamps incorporated right in it. This didnt work. The clamps put too much stress on the Jointech Clincher fences mounting plate for the rip fence. This mounting plate wanted to twist before I could get the board clamped down tight

tyler mckenzie
07-02-2010, 8:18 PM
looking tight, do you have 8ft on the left side of the blade?

Mark Woodmark
07-02-2010, 10:34 PM
looking tight, do you have 8ft on the left side of the blade?

Nope, only about 5-1/2 foot. My shop is fairly small and I dont work with sheet goods much. When I do, I break them down in the bed of my pickup with a circular saw before carrying them back to my shop. This also seems easier than dragging a full sheet back to my shop and then having to muscle it around

Scot Ferraro
07-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Look's like a nice set-up and congrats on your new saw! The integrated bench is a nice touch and seems like a great use of space.

Scot

Lee Bidwell
07-03-2010, 1:50 AM
Nice saw! I also got a chuckle out of seeing a Felder saw sitting in front of a HF dust collector :D

Mark Woodmark
07-03-2010, 8:56 AM
Nice saw! I also got a chuckle out of seeing a Felder saw sitting in front of a HF dust collector :D

I think its Harbor Freight. I got it off Ebay for $33.00 cheaper than HF and free shipping

Mark Woodmark
07-03-2010, 9:02 AM
Look's like a nice set-up and congrats on your new saw! The integrated bench is a nice touch and seems like a great use of space.

Scot

Thank you. Space is at a premium in my shop, so I wanted my out feed table to double as a work bench. The top is HDPE plastic backed up by Baltic Birch plywood. It will be interesting to see how it works out. I sanded the surface of the plastic so it wasnt too slippery. I have this same plastic on my sissor cart and it seems to be working out ok. The rest of the bench is aluminum extrusion bolted together (I dont know how to weld) with OSB for the lower shelf

Scot Ferraro
07-03-2010, 4:47 PM
The bench looks pretty stout. Did you opt for the smaller rip capacity on the slider?

Scot

Mark Woodmark
07-03-2010, 6:46 PM
The bench looks pretty stout. Did you opt for the smaller rip capacity on the slider?

Scot

The bench is made out of aluminum extrusion, 3/4" baltic birch plywood subtop, and plastic top. I have the same rip capacity as I had before