PDA

View Full Version : Last Call Folks

Keith Outten
07-02-2010, 9:18 AM
Saturday night at midnight is the cutoff date for joining our Friends of The Creek Directory and be eligible to win the Stinger CNC Router. The Stinger drawing is now worth right at $6,000.00 with the router bit sets and the DC hose from Wynn Environmental.

I invested in the programing for this directory and SawMill Creek has $3,000.00 in the Stinger drawing in an effort to get the FOTC moving. I had thought we would have more participation from the Engravers Forum since almost all of you operate small businesses. The idea for the directory came from the people in this forum and even though some feel that they didn't get what they wanted we did the best we could to provide a service that we believed you would appreciate.

Aaron is working on a change to the program that will allow our FOTC members to link to their entry from their signatures. This was something we overlooked however it will be included in the next programing change.

BTW, thanks to those of you who have joined FOTC and I mean that sincerely.

Dan Hintz
07-02-2010, 9:41 AM
Keith,

My last run-through of the directory still showed a couple of double entries... can't remember if this was intentional or not (seeing as how I had three of my own at one point!), but thought I would mention it.

Should I be the lucky one <cross fingers>, I don't think I could accept it in good conscience without paying the difference... it doesn't make sense for SMC to be out of pocket on this. Hopefully the eventual winner feels the same way, but that's a discussion involving a beer or two... :)

Scott Challoner
07-02-2010, 8:42 PM
I've already added two customers with steady repeat business who said they found me on the FOTC directory in Google. It really is good exposure for $50. Keeping my fingers crossed so I can add CNC to my repertoire.

Keith Outten
07-02-2010, 9:38 PM
In over twelve hours this thread had 134 views and only 2 replies.
There is a message in the silence!

Thanks Dan and Scott for your thoughts.

Dan, we are just about to break even on the drawing and the programming costs so don't worry :) The flip side is that all the people who thought we were getting rich might want to look at the numbers, however they can't see the manhours we have spent setting up accounts and approving all the entries. No matter, we will stay the course and be patient to see if our Directory grows in time.

Scott, its good to get some feedback concerning Google hits. I know that the FOTC directory will produce positive results. I was recently contacted about a monthly recurring CNC job cutting silhouettes that came from FOTC but it wasn't from SawMill Creek. This one will pay for my new Stinger and a steady monthly income for a long time :)

I wish both of you good luck in the drawing Sunday. We will most likely have all the winners names posted before lunch so you won't have to wait all day to find out who the winners are. We will do a complete review of each entry against our records to make sure that everyone is accounted for before we do the drawing. This is why we are closing the entry window at 12 midnight EST on the 3rd.

Ron Chapellaz
07-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey Keith,
Firstly I want to thank you for this forum. I have learnt plenty from it in the short time I've been here. I had considered joining the Friends of the Creek early on, and now tonight I finally got around to filling out the form. Now I can say I am proud in becoming a Friend here too!

Bob Merhar
07-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Keith,
I could not pass up the opportunity to support the Creek while promoting our business. Not to mention the possibility of winning an exciting piece of equipment.
Thank you,
Bob

Rudy Ress
07-03-2010, 6:42 AM
Hi Keith,
Just curious if there might be a glitch with the submission system? I submitted the application and payed on June 3 and it indicated that the application needed to be reviewed. As of today it is still pending. Just a thought. Thanks.

Keith Outten
07-03-2010, 7:34 AM
Bob, I couldn't find your name in the directory. What is your company name?

Rudy, your transaction date is June 30th according to our files. I will have Aaron review/approve your entry this morning.

Thanks guys!

Joseph Szegda
07-03-2010, 7:46 AM
Hi
I paid and signed up 7/2, is it in time to be in drawing
thank you
joe

Rudy Ress
07-03-2010, 7:46 AM
Thanks Keith. You are correct it was June 30th . Sorry backspaced to correct a typing error and had too heavy of a finger.:confused:

Ross Moshinsky
07-03-2010, 8:00 AM
Signed up. I've been putting it off because my website for my eCommerce site was supposed to be done 2 months ago & I wanted to add the AD when it was up, but I'll just edit my post when the site is back up and running.

That CNC would look nice in my shop. :D

Joey Jarrard
07-03-2010, 9:00 AM
Hi guys my $.02 is this, this is a great way to promote your small shop without paying out the nose to do it. For the $50 you get great exposure to the members of SMC as well as the out side world. My listing has receved a call from a guy in atlanta that found us on google. He wants a local to cut parts for him. I told him I was the OEM or the router and told him something about our web site thinking he was there, he said that when he hit the link it went to SMC.I gave him a number to one of our customers.

Bottom line is that it works. The prize is just a way to promote 2 great new products. The FOTC and the Stinger.

Keith its so kind of you to make the drawing at lunch and not during the fireworks.

jack Halley
07-03-2010, 9:09 AM
An ad and "The Creek" for a Dollar a week? What a deal!
I'm in.

Thanks Keith!

Dan Hintz
07-03-2010, 9:56 AM
Keith,

I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to growing FOTC, you'll just have to be a little more patient. People want to see that something works before plopping down some hard-earned cash, even if it's a measly $50. I did it more to support the Creek than get extra business, but in the few weeks I've been in the directory I have already received a couple of hits (two days ago I did a congratulations plaque that was a bit bigger than my laser's bed, a job from FOTC).

It may be a trickle right now, but business will build, leading to a nice yearly flow of cash. Keep the chin up :)

Robert Rosensteel
07-03-2010, 9:58 AM
Hi Keith I to signed up on the 1st July and have not seen my listing ,Saying still under review. No hurry but wanted credit to be in the drawing. Thanks Robert

Mark Patoka
07-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Just signed up my business for the FOTC today also.

Joey Jarrard
07-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Good going mark.

Keith Outten
07-03-2010, 11:07 AM
I just talked to Aaron on the phone. He will be updating/approving both Bob and Rudy's account after lunch. Mark, your account has been updated so you can enter your information when you get the chance today.

I expect Aaron will be checking the directory entries every hour this evening to make sure we are up do date.

Thanks again to all of you for participating.

Connie Gill
07-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Keith and everyone at SMC...this is a wonderful forum! I joined simply because I felt like not joining was similar to shoplifting...the information and resources available to everyone on the site is immeasurable. I look at several of the groups even though my main interest is the Engravers Forum. Hopefully, in the future I will be able to supply an idea, feedback or most importantly that perfect answer to someone on here. I haven't posted before as I have either found an answer for my question in the archives or the answer I could provide has already been said. I joined the FOTC mostly in support but also it's a great networking/advertising tool. Thanks to everyone for the all of the wonderful information.

jack Halley
07-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Keith,
My Payment was made but the review/approval has not been completed either.

Keith Outten
07-03-2010, 3:30 PM
Connie,

Welcome to the front row of The Creek, being active here, even if you just ask questions benefits everyone and the friends you will make will add another dimension.

Thanks for your support,
Keith

Keith Outten
07-03-2010, 3:32 PM
Thanks Jack,

Aaron is checking in periodically getting everyone's records approved.

Amy Shelton
07-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I plan to join when I get some things with our business settled. :D Hopefully within a week or so.

rich shepard
07-04-2010, 1:21 PM
Joined about a month ago and already have had a few sales and inquiries about my kits. Which is more then I can say for a few thousand spent in the hobby magazines, so a great deal in my book.
Thanks for the forum have learned a lot.
rich