PDA

View Full Version : Woodturning Workshop returns to PBS Create

Ralph Lindberg
07-01-2010, 10:33 AM
On July 15th, check your local schedule:D

Tim Rinehart
07-01-2010, 10:53 AM
That's what shows up on our local schedule for it...cool! Thanks Ralph, good find.
I like that the PBS site allows you to set a reminder email to be sent to you a day in advance or day of broadcast, either for series or show.

Stephen Massman
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
http://www.createtv.com/CreateProgram.nsf/vProgramsByNola/WDWK#

Ken Fitzgerald
07-01-2010, 11:05 AM
It was on here for a few months and then was gone........

Later I discovered....it was still on.....just another time slot and mislabeled on the on-screen guide.

Greg Just
07-01-2010, 2:58 PM
the local PBS here is currently showing year 4. Is there a 5th season? Hope so as I really enjoy Tim Yoder. Not too many appealing shows on right now. Those so called DIYers are a joke.

Scott Hackler
07-01-2010, 3:30 PM
That is great news. Before it went off last time, I recorded the hat man episode and have saved it on my Dvr cable box for over 6 months! I watch it from time to time still!

Matt Newton
07-01-2010, 9:01 PM
How do you get the email reminders?

Richard Madden
07-01-2010, 9:21 PM
I went to our local PBS website to check the schedule. When I found the program, you could enter your email adress for a reminder the day of or day before.

Alan Zenreich
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I just saw the first show that's come to Cablevision here in NJ.

This is my first time viewing any part of the series... and I'm very impressed with it.

The episode was about sandblasting, but it covered so much more (roughing, hollowing, finishing, etc.)

For me, it had just the right balance of talk, demonstration, humor, and cool tools.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next shows, and would love to see the previous seasons.

John Fabre
07-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I just saw the first show that's come to Cablevision here in NJ.

This is my first time viewing any part of the series... and I'm very impressed with it.

The episode was about sandblasting, but it covered so much more (roughing, hollowing, finishing, etc.)

For me, it had just the right balance of talk, demonstration, humor, and cool tools.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next shows, and would love to see the previous seasons.

Usually in the Fall and Winter, they show reruns.

Alan Zenreich
07-15-2010, 1:01 PM
John,

I would hope so. This is the first time the series has come to my area.

It's so nice to see a well done show... a rarity these days.

Pat Keefe
07-15-2010, 6:29 PM
There is a tour of his shop Woodturning Workshop (http://vimeo.com/9888159)

Greg Bender
07-15-2010, 7:30 PM
I watched it tonite here in the Charlotte area.5 pm was the time it will be on in the future.It is on 3 times a day,one day a week.Pretty good show,although I don't have room for a sand blasting cabinet it definitely was better than most of the drivel that's usually on.Look forward to the rest of the shows.Thanx for the original post letting us know about the show.
Thanx,Greg

John Fabre
07-18-2010, 3:25 PM
I'm getting ready to record "Shipping Tube Ornament" recording today on channel KUEN-9 4:00 PM from Salt Lake City. So far I'll seen "Segmented Vessel parts 1 & 2, "Banksia Pod Box", "Preparing Bowl Blanks" and "Southwest Sandblasted Vessel" all new shows. If you can't see them, I suggest purchasing the DVD's, they are that good, I am just a fan of the show.

Scott Hackler
08-11-2010, 8:02 PM
I have to say that I am a little disappointed with the last two episodes of this show. First of which showed turning 3 simple bowls for an indoor water fall deal. He spent 1/4 of the time turning and the rest messing with PVC pipe, epoxy, rocks, lights, fogger and water. ????? The last episode was all about spinning metal! What gives?

I couldnt even finish watching the last episode. When I caught the last episode of last season (I think) and saw a hat being turned... well I was really excited for more. In fact I have kept that episode on my cable box for months!

Anyone else feel a bit disappointed with the choice of projects on this show?

David E Keller
08-11-2010, 8:43 PM
I'm mostly disappointed that I don't get to see it at all. It's apparently not available on Suddenlink in this area.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-11-2010, 8:54 PM
Scott,

I think he does a good job of providing a variety to the program.

Scott Hackler
08-11-2010, 9:59 PM
Scott,

I think he does a good job of providing a variety to the program.

Oh dont get me wrong, I think he's providing variety, I just dont like the latest variety. My disappointment is that "Woodturning" workshop isnt turning wood. There are thousands of different things to demonstrate with woodturning and spinning an aluminum bowl isnt one of them.

Just my .02 and not meant to make anyone upset.

Rob Wachala Jr
08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Hmm I haven't watched tv in quite some time. I'll have to see if they put the videos up on pbs.org

Bill Bulloch
08-12-2010, 7:33 AM
It's not on down here in Georgia, and never has been as far as I know. I have been to the PBS website, but cannot figure out how to email them and make a request.

Some years back they had a show on Routers. It was just two down-to-earth good-ole-boys showing router techniques and jigs. I really enjoyed that.

John Shuk
08-12-2010, 7:42 AM
Does anybody know the directv channel?

Ralph Lindberg
08-12-2010, 9:34 AM
Bill

PBS Create is a National PBS feed, if your local PBS station carries Create, they should carry this program. Howevefe it appears that GPB does not carry Create

Thursday's episode is on a Stamp Holder, next Tues has Bonnie Klien guesting on teaching kids

Rob Young
08-12-2010, 10:30 AM
It's not on down here in Georgia, and never has been as far as I know. I have been to the PBS website, but cannot figure out how to email them and make a request.

Some years back they had a show on Routers. It was just two down-to-earth good-ole-boys showing router techniques and jigs. I really enjoyed that.

Bob and Rick Rosenthal.

The Router Workshop.

Some episodes are available at
http://www.woodworkingchannel.com/dolphin/vidego_video_library.php

Furthermore, they have their own web site
http://www.routerworkshop.net/

And they participate regularly in another forum that you can find by searching for "router forums".

Rob Wachala Jr
08-12-2010, 2:02 PM
Chicago area it's on 11.3 (normal tv I don't have cable or sat). I caught this mornings episode.