PDA

View Full Version : how much? lot of gross stabil parellel clamps

brett gallmeyer
07-01-2010, 9:32 AM
I know a guy that is getting out of woodworking.
he has
4@12"
4@18"
4@24"
4@32"
4@40"
4@48"
4@60"
4@80"

there all gross stabil parallel clamps in used condition. I was thinking about buying the whole lot from him... what do u think is a good price?

thanks, brett g.

Dave Gaul
07-01-2010, 9:53 AM
Can't seem to find prices anymore on these guys... best I found was an "average" price of $45 per clamp, but no size listed.

At $20 per clamp, that would be $640... I would start somewhere around there... see if they bite! If not, offer more... I think you could justify going up to $800-900 for the whole set...

If he is really getting out of woodworking, might be able to get a low price on these... I recently came across a guy like that, and he sold me a Jet 3hp DC with TONS of metal duct work, blast gates, reducers, y's.. you name it.. all for $200!!!:eek::eek:

Good luck man, hope to see a gloat from you soon!

Kent A Bathurst
07-01-2010, 10:10 AM
When still available, new ones were about the same price as the Besseys. , so used should be similar also.

FWIW - I have both and I like the GS better - just a personal preference. If you get 'em and want to maybe move some off, lemme know - I'd at least consider it.

brett gallmeyer
07-01-2010, 10:24 AM
oh i should have stated too..

he's priceing them out per size. all the prices added together come to $920. But I figured if I said I'd take them all for x amount of dollars he might go for it.. just want to figure out a good fair price..

thanks, brett g.

Greg Portland
07-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I would throw out a figure of $700 or $750 for everything and let him talk you up to a figure in the $800s. That would be a fair deal for both parties...

Frank Drew
07-01-2010, 4:19 PM
Brett,

Have you seen the clamps... are they in good shape? If the guy was in business for years and years, and tended to beat up his tools and equipment, that should be reflected in the price (vs like new).

brett gallmeyer
07-02-2010, 9:15 AM
i emailed him last night and asked how much he wants for all of them.. we'll see where his price is.... "fingers crossed"