PDA

View Full Version : Christmas stocking stuffers

Jim O'Dell
12-01-2004, 8:47 PM
Good evening everyone!
It's that time of year. What are your best ideas for woodworker stocking stuffers/small gifts. Let's say $10.00 to $15.00?

Assortment of sand paper/sanding pads
Woodcraft brass router bearing set (have to act fast. Ends 12/4-free shipping)
Ticket for a local woodworking show
Zero clearance TS/BS insert
T-track and or accessories
Multipack of phillips bits for drill.driver

Now it's your turn! Jim.

scott spencer
12-01-2004, 9:30 PM
Fresh wood glue is a handy inexpensive gift. Biscuits, pocket screws, Boeshield T-9, paste wax, tung oil...

Jim Becker
12-01-2004, 9:57 PM
You might consider gift cards if they are available from your woodworking retailer...it avoids the issue of duplication, etc.

Dan Stuewe
12-02-2004, 2:58 AM
Small sharpening stones for honing

John Miliunas
12-02-2004, 7:58 AM
A nice set of the new LN chisels would be nice! :D (Hey, I have big feet, hence BIG stockings! :D ) Otherwise, a small set of those metal engineering squares, marking knife, set of safety pushers, magnetic task light, nice safety glasses, hearing protectors....Man, there's just tons of odd 'n ends out there! :) :cool:

Frank Pellow
12-02-2004, 8:24 AM
Good evening everyone!
It's that time of year. What are your best ideas for woodworker stocking stuffers/small gifts. Let's say $10.00 to $15.00?

Assortment of sand paper/sanding pads
Woodcraft brass router bearing set (have to act fast. Ends 12/4-free shipping)
Ticket for a local woodworking show
Zero clearance TS/BS insert
T-track and or accessories
Multipack of phillips bits for drill.driver

Now it's your turn! Jim.
The list is good except that the bits should not be Philips, they should be Robertson (square drive).

To your list I would add:

Veritas screw lifter (Lee Valley ctlg # 05K52.01)
Lee Valley 5oz hammer (ctlg # 05E12.01)

Steve Beadle
12-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Don't forget those handy Veritas saddle squares, miter saddles, dovetail markers and cabinet scraper-related goodies. THe brass set-up blocks (from PriceCutter, I think) are really useful, too. Trammel points, steel rules, thickness gauges--they will all fit in a stocking, too!