PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking in America: Sept. 30

Karen Wales
06-30-2010, 9:41 AM
Hello All,

I will be attending Popular Woodworking magazine's Woodworking in America conference this fall. On Thursday, Sept. 30, the opening event (a visit to the magazine and nearby eateries) requires me to find my own transportation. Since no other part of the weekend's events require a car, I have elected not to rent one.

Is anyone here planning to attend the conference and the Thursday evening event? If so, would you be so kind as to give me a ride from and back to the conference center that evening?

I asked the event planners to help me with this and they suggested I post my request here.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Karen Wales

mike holden
06-30-2010, 3:11 PM
Karen,
First, you might try reposting this in the Neanderthal Haven forum, more likely to be seen by people planning to attend WIA.
Second, I will be driving to the event so I may be there for the Thursday kickoff, as it gets nearer and my plans get more solidified I will know more.
Mike

Andrew Pitonyak
07-23-2010, 2:24 PM
I will be driving down out of Columbus, Ohio, so I will have a car. I intend to travel from the hotel attached to the conference to the event. Note that I do not normally check this forum, but I check the neander forum. Might have my Uncle with me.... Mike, my Uncle lives in Shelby township, do not remember if you are from that area or much further north. I invited him since I think that the wife and kids will likely not join (because I expect to be occupied the entire time) and I am paying for two beds.

So Karen, start making a list of people to check with.

Scott Velie
07-31-2010, 1:39 PM
I will be driving there from western PA. I am registered for the thursday night toolmakers dinner.(will get to preview the new tools before the show :D ) Where do you need a ride to? I am staying right there at the attached hotel.

Jack Camillo
08-03-2010, 5:11 AM
Can you post a picture?

(just kidding!)

Wow - you posted this question in June for a Sept 30 event. Talk about a non-procrastinator!

Megan Fitzpatrick
08-04-2010, 9:45 AM
Hi Karen (et al),

Due to a lot of interest in attending the dinner, transportation issues...and not much room in our shop, we just last week decided to move the Toolmakers' Dinner to the Marketplace in the convention center. And frankly, there won't be much of anything to see in our shop anyway – we're hauling it all across the river to the conference!
Cheers,
Megan

Mac McQuinn
08-06-2010, 8:49 PM
Ahhh.....what does this have to do with boat building;)

Mac