PDA

View Full Version : ??? for NASCAR fans

Terry Quiram
12-01-2004, 6:05 PM
Does anyone know why Ward Burton lost his ride with Net 0?

Terry

Scott Coffelt
12-01-2004, 9:43 PM
I've not heard anything about it, but suspect it's like most owners these days. It's all about winning. He didn't do too well this last year and the youth movement appears to be successful, nearly all the top 10 were all much younger. I've always like him and think in general he represents what is good about the sport, usually keeps his nose clean and avoids conflict... usually. It costs lots of money to sponsor these cars now days and the fuse is usually pretty short, no air time no value for the sponsor. If your not winning raises or leading, then someone else gets a shot. I know Jeff lost his ride to Carl Edwards, did they say who was taking the ride in 2005?

Update:
I looked up on Nascar and it looks like Mike Bliss took the ride over a few races back, Mike did well in the truck series so I suspect they rewarded him with the bump to the big top.

Pat Monahan
12-02-2004, 2:51 AM
Terry
Apparently Ward didn't achieve the results expected of him, and his contract was not renewed for 2005. Rumour has it that Mike Bliss, the temporary driver for the last few races in 2004, will be the driver for 2005 if Brendan Gaughan stays with Jasper/Penske. If Gaughan becomes available, Haas wants him to drive the zero car. At one point, it was rumoured that Ward would be leaving the zero team and taking the Netzero sponsorship with him. Apparently not true. The only thing we can say with any certainty is we won't know for sure who is doing what with which team until the green falls at Daytona :D :D . I'm starting my annual withdrawal symptoms!
If you want news, rumours, etc. check out http://www.jayski.thatsracin.com/
( Note to moderators - if link is forbidden, please delete link - Thanks )
Pat

Terry Quiram
12-02-2004, 6:56 AM
I know Burton was driving for Bill Davis in the CAT car and lost or left that ride to Scott Wimmer. Wimmer came from the trucks and as a rookie finished 27th this year. Pat, thanks for the link.

Terry