PDA

View Full Version : A Trestle Table with Built-in Bench Seating Video

Russell Hudson
06-29-2010, 1:58 PM
I've started video taping projects. I used to be a film maker so I'm utilizing two of my skills these days and enjoying the hell out of it.
The video shows the entire process of building a trestle table and built-in bench seating, both of which were made from 100 year old reclaimed oak.
Here is a link to my video page. The third one is the kitchen table.
Love to hear what you guys think.

Thanks,
Russell

hudsoncabinetmaking.com

Joe A Faulkner
06-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I liked the video too. Thanks for taking the time to record the process and post a link here. It was interesting to see your technique for adding the bread boards.

Russell Hudson
06-30-2010, 9:29 AM
Thanks, Joe. Editing the footage took more time than making the table and shooting the video. I may stick with shorter videos for a while.

Ben Davis
06-30-2010, 9:46 AM
Russell,
What software are you using for your video editing?

Russell Hudson
06-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Imovie. I have Final Cut Pro but until I get better than this, I'll stick with this app. I have a Mac. I have two other videos on that video page but they are finished (completed) views of cabinetry. Only a minute long.
I'll get better at this. It's just a learning curve (like when you got your first computer).

Doug Mason
06-30-2010, 6:32 PM
That's a neat video and a good job!!

Russell Hudson
06-30-2010, 6:56 PM
Thanks Doug. ........appreciate it.

Dan Keeling
07-01-2010, 4:27 PM
Awesome work, I really enjoyed your website unfortunately some of the links don't work ( 10 things, more pictures, etc..)

Russell Hudson
07-01-2010, 4:47 PM
Thanks for the compliment, Dan.
The website is being worked on as we speak.
Appreciate the feedback.
I should have a sign on the first page saying 'under construction' or something until it's all fixed.
-Russ

Fred Floyd
07-03-2010, 12:37 AM
When I retire, I want to learn to document things with video. It is certainly much more difficult than one would think. At least there is a monster learning curve with the software.

I tried with my little dimestore video camera. The video quality was very good, but editing is another thing. My computers are either Windows or Linux and good video editing software appears to be hard to iind.

Good video -- I really liked the trestle table. The wife wants me to make a custom table for our new house, so the techniques will be valuable

Salem Ganzhorn
07-03-2010, 8:02 AM
Russell,
I really like the style of your projects. Very cool and upscale. Are these your designs?

Russell Hudson
07-03-2010, 10:45 AM
here is a comparison of video software for PCs.
http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
The only thing I can tell you is jump in. It will take a little time before your familiar with it but after I've shot a bunch of footage, I find I'm eager to make something of it.
If you feel like you have something to say, it sure is a great way to do it.
Good luck and thanks for the feedback, Fred.

Russell Hudson
07-03-2010, 10:55 AM
absolutely.
half the fun is thinking about how to make it both functional and cool looking.
drawing it ahead of time and seeing what it looks like when finished is how I get better at it. one project at a time.
Thanks, Salem