PDA

View Full Version : Hardwood and Woodworking stores in Milwaukee

Rich Noterman
06-29-2010, 1:24 PM
Hi Guys and Gals, Hope you can help I will be in the Milwaukee area next week, are there any good woodworking stores . We have a Rockler and Woodcraft in my area im looking for other stores. I also loking for hardwood suppliers in the area. If I have room I would love to bring some wood home. Here in Colorado hardwood brings high prices. Any help I thank you
Rich

John Piwaron
06-29-2010, 1:38 PM
Hi Guys and Gals, Hope you can help I will be in the Milwaukee area next week, are there any good woodworking stores . We have a Rockler and Woodcraft in my area im looking for other stores. I also loking for hardwood suppliers in the area. If I have room I would love to bring some wood home. Here in Colorado hardwood brings high prices. Any help I thank you
Rich

Rockler and Woodcraft are here too.

There's a Kettle Moraine hardwood store in Hartland and they have a location on a frontage road next to I-94 at the Milwaukee/Racine county line.

go to their website for directions. www.kmhardwoods.com

There are also other hardwood places. Maybe someone else can chime in wth that.

John Hoppe
06-29-2010, 1:43 PM
You can also go to the main store for Kettle Moraine, it is about 30 minutes north of Milwaukee on Hwy 41. Their sawmill is up there so if you are a real wood nut you can look at the stack of logs across the street from the store and drool.

Others may chime in, but if I need wood I will go to KM if I cannot find it on Craigslist or E-bay in the area.

Jeff Mackay
06-30-2010, 9:30 AM
As John said, Kettle Moraine Hardwoods (http://www.kmhardwoods.com) is good, and prices are pretty good for most local hardwoods.

Another source that I use is a sawmill about 30 miles west of Milwauke named Hanson and Leja. (http://www.hansonleja.com/)their retail selection is smaller than Kettle Moraine's, but their prices are better. I usually go to them first when I'm buying more than 100 board feet of anything.

In terms of tool shops, we have the standard Rockler and Woodcraft shops locally. There are some other shops further away in Illinois and in Green Bay, Wisconsin.