PDA

View Full Version : WoodWorks show

Lou Morrissette
12-01-2004, 3:11 PM
WoodWorks is having a show at the Eastern States Exhibition in Springfield, Ma on Jan 14-16. Has anybody attended these shows and is it worth it. I don't mind driving 150 miles if there is somthing interesting to see.

Jim Becker
12-01-2004, 4:30 PM
Woodworks is in its third year, although they cut back to three this year. The Ft Washington show was "OK', but hindered greatly by the Food Network show in the other hall...folks were having big trouble getting to the facility due to traffic and finding parking almost non-existant. It really hurt the attendance. Johnathan Franks, who runs the show and is also an SMC member, does a nice job, however. Check the exhibitor list to see if the vendors look interesting to you and make your decision.

Tyler Howell
12-01-2004, 5:09 PM
They put on 2 in the Twin Cities area this year. We tied a Creeker Get together to one this fall. I don't think I'll catch the next one. If you've seen one of theirs.....

Jim Becker
12-01-2004, 5:14 PM
Tyler, the Woodworks (http://woodworks2003.com/) shows are not the same as "The Woodworking Shows". There are only three events...Ft Washington PA (over), Springfield MA (Jan '05) and Ontario CA (Feb '05).

Rich Konopka
12-01-2004, 5:32 PM
It was really packed last year in Springfield. I am planning on going again this year since it only 30 miles from home.

I find it absolutely amazing that this is the only show in New England.

Make sure you where your SMC cap if you attend.

thomas prevost
12-01-2004, 5:55 PM
Jim (or anybody) is there a web site for the show so we may check vendors and events?

Jim Becker
12-01-2004, 6:42 PM
Click on the link in my most previous post...

Lloyd Robins
12-02-2004, 1:11 AM
I went to the one in Ontario last year, and I already have a hotel reservation for Feb. 4th for this year's show. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot.