PDA

View Full Version : Just a pine table

steven c newman
06-29-2010, 9:03 AM
Lots of stuff going on with this little table. Tapered legs, cock-beading around a drawer opening, a matched grain across the drawer front and opening, a 'floating top" , and a Glass Marble for a drawer pull. Now, IF I can get these pictures to post: picture #1 is an "over view", #2 that drawer front, #3 PIP showing the inside of the drawer area.

Dave Gaul
06-29-2010, 9:08 AM
I like it! Some wider angle shots without the glare might do your pics some justice, but easier said than done if you don't have an SLR camera I guess...

I like the "floating" design and the drawer detail & pull...

glenn bradley
06-29-2010, 9:20 AM
Lots of good stuff going on with that table Steven. Very well done and looks like a lot of fun.

steven c newman
06-29-2010, 9:41 AM
maybe a few shots before the shiny stuff was applied then? The last one is without most of the glare. About a full weekend to build, another to finish.

Michael MacDonald
06-29-2010, 12:12 PM
nice table--I hadn't seen that design before. very interesting. only a weekend to build? you work at a rate that I do not conceive. I take it you don't have three little kids...

steven c newman
06-29-2010, 5:29 PM
One teenager, PLUS five grand-brats. Wood shop is in a friend pole barn, 5 (quiet) miles from the house. When things get to "wild' around the house, "Grandpa is going to the Barn", comes in handy.;)

Michael MacDonald
06-29-2010, 5:43 PM
5 (quiet) miles from the house...."Grandpa is going to the Barn";)

now that is a good idea... not to far, but not too close either.