PDA

View Full Version : Sad news on Danny Proulx

Mike Kelly
12-01-2004, 1:23 PM
Danny Proulx, CabinetMaker’s answer man, has died

Danny Proulx, who for years has been one of the most popular columnists in CabinetMaker and a fixture in the woodworking community at large, died Friday, November 26, of an apparent heart attack. He was 57.

We are still getting information and will provide more details as we get them. Danny was reportedly at the Ottawa Woodworking Show when he died. He leaves his wife, Gale, one son and one grandson. Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Duncan Funeral Home in Metcalfe, Ontario.

Reactions to his sudden death are all over various woodworking forums around the Internet, including our own forum here. Danny’s impact across the woodworking community was significant, not only for his wealth of information but in the always polite and personable way in which he presented it. His death is a tragic loss for us all.

William Sampson
Editor, CabinetMaker magazine

Chris Oakley
01-13-2005, 3:42 PM
That is truly a shame. I bought Danny's book on kitchen cabinets (actually both editions) and used them to build my kitchen cabinets. The books were perfect for someone like me who didn't have much experience. I even emailed Danny a couple of times and he was always gracious enough to respond. He will be missed.