PDA

View Full Version : Sycamore Vase

Mark Burge
06-28-2010, 10:08 PM
This is one that I did a while back, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to my mom. Well, I was back in KY last weekend and I finally remember to shot it. I really like the way this one moved after I turned it. The little opening in the front curled out and made a kind of door on the front. It was turned green. I don't remember what I finished it with. Thanks for looking.

John Keeton
06-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Mark, nice vase, and I like the photo setup!! BTW, how come I didn't get a visit from you when you were in KY?:(

Steve Schlumpf
06-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Very nice work on the vase Mark! Bet your Mom loves it!

Mark Burge
06-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks you guys.

BTW, how come I didn't get a visit from you when you were in KY?:(

I wish I could have dropped by to see you John. I was in Shelbyville and Frankfort. It was sad business though, it was for my aunt's funeral. I get up there quite a bit though, so we'll have to coordinate a visit.

Very nice work on the vase Mark! Bet your Mom loves it!

Steve, Mom thinks it's great, but she has put a plastic flower in it. :eek: I can't complain, though, it is displayed in the den prominently.:rolleyes:

Baxter Smith
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
A vase with character!

John Keeton
06-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I wish I could have dropped by to see you John. I was in Shelbyville and Frankfort. It was sad business though, it was for my aunt's funeral. I get up there quite a bit though, so we'll have to coordinate a visit.Mark, sorry to hear about your aunt, but do let me know the next time you are up!

David E Keller
06-29-2010, 8:31 AM
It's a nice looking vase. I like the shape and the character areas. Maybe you should turn some wooden flowers for the vase if you're interested in displacing the plastic ones.

Mark Burge
06-29-2010, 8:40 AM
It's a nice looking vase. I like the shape and the character areas. Maybe you should turn some wooden flowers for the vase if you're interested in displacing the plastic ones.
More likely that the wooden flowers would be put in a plastic vase:D I think I'll just learn to let go.

Tim Rinehart
06-29-2010, 9:00 AM
I also like the way the front void started opening up...it's got character.
Sorry about your aunt.

charlie knighton
06-29-2010, 9:11 AM
very nice....