PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Craftsman Studio

Gary Benson
06-28-2010, 1:38 PM
My wife and I were in San Diego over the weekend, partially for meeting and partially for fun. I have to admit, I was not wild about the trip, until I remembered that Craftsman Studio has a small retail shop just east of San Diego. I have ordered lots of LN, Starrett, Shapton, and misc. other items from them over the last 4-5 years. I have had good customer service from them, and usually they seem to have better stock of LN stuff than LN themselves.

I knew it was a relatively small operation, but it is actually just the owner Bill Kohrs himself. He manages the website, retail store, and shipping operation alone. He was kind enough to chat and let us browse for over an hour before we let him get back to work. Friendly and super smart guy!! (comes from the high-tech world). It was nice to see a little inside his business as well as the woodworking retail world in general.

David Weaver
06-28-2010, 1:41 PM
Ditto on the service and price, never been there, and only conversed by email with a couple of questions several years ago, but every order I've made from them has been flawless.

Rick Erickson
06-28-2010, 1:53 PM
Another satisfied customer. To tell you the truth I wish I had never come across their (his) site. I've spent too much money there ;). He sure is efficient in managing all of that himself. Of all the online stores I've shopped at he is one of the quickest. Everything comes nicely packaged with no mistakes.

Carl Maeda-San Diego
06-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I have been to Craftsman Studio several times although not to his new location in Spring Valley but I have seen one other helper there, a lady. Both are very knowledgeable. I went in to get some diamond stones and he steered me away from the extra extra fine. I was shocked.