PDA

View Full Version : Is Laser u worth the money ?

Kasey Maxwell
06-27-2010, 6:57 PM
I'm just wondering if the laser U training from laserbits is worth the money ? ? Or if anyone has done it, please give me a review :D

Thanks

Larry Bratton
06-27-2010, 7:15 PM
I did it when I first got my machine. It was quite helpful to me in understanding a lot of the very basic stuff. I had never owned a laser, so I had virtually no knowledge. I used it, in conjunction with this forum to learn a lot of stuff about it. Seems like it was about a 100 bucks or so..but IMO it was worth what I paid for it.

Kasey Maxwell
06-27-2010, 7:36 PM
Did you receive any kind of supplies or just training ?

Steve Clarkson
06-27-2010, 7:54 PM
I totally agree with Larry.

Anthony Scira
06-27-2010, 11:03 PM
I think it is, especially if you are starting from scratch.

It helped me a lot. Not as much as this forum. But having set up tutorial style helps a whole lot. And for 100 bucks you can't beat the price.

Larry Bratton
06-28-2010, 9:10 AM
I don't think I did receive any supplies..that's been about 3 years ago. However, don't take that as gospel, I just don't remember anything other than doing the lessons.

Anthony Scira
06-28-2010, 9:40 AM
Heck they use the training as kind of a promotion to sell their products.........so no supplies are included. I think there may be some sort of package you can buy that has everything you will need in a sample size. Or I could just be making that up..........

Terry Swift
06-28-2010, 12:24 PM
No supplies included and a 3 month subscription is like $99. I think it was worth the money although they are maybe a year or so behind the times in certain segments. Lots of videos to help show you. You can also download all the pdf's for all the sections to print out as well for reference. Good basic info for the beginner to advanced beginner.

All the folks here provide excellent help as well - when you run into issues.

Gary Hair
06-28-2010, 12:43 PM
whether it is worth the money or not depends on you and how you learn. I have a tough time learning something that doesn't pertain to what I am trying to accomplish. Trying to learn "everything" about lasering would be hard for me but if I had a specific task to do then it's very easy. This was my biggest downfall when I was learning programming, I couldn't learn "just to learn", but when I had an actual project to build it was no problem. I haven't heard anything negative about LaserU and with the exposure between here and Engraving Etc., I'm sure the negative would come out if it were there!

Gary