PDA

View Full Version : Lee Tree Woodworks

Robert McGowen
06-27-2010, 1:21 PM
Has anyone done any business with them? I was looking at the burls on their website and a quick search on Sawmill Creek showed a few positive comments almost 3 years ago, but nothing since. I just wanted some feedback one way or the other. Thanks!

Keith Burns
06-27-2010, 4:44 PM
Robert I used to buy from them several years ago with great success. The the company was sold and I felt uneasy after that for some reason. I got a burl from Bad Dog Burls and was very pleased.

David E Keller
06-27-2010, 6:55 PM
No experience with them directly, but the prices on the website seem a bit high to me. Are you looking for something in particular? The folks on here can probably turn you on to a source for something.

Robert McGowen
06-27-2010, 7:13 PM
the prices on the website seem a bit high to me.

Actually, they seemed most reasonable when compared to other sites if you know what you are buying. That was why I was asking for information about them. I have found prices between $5 and 7$ per pound or even higher on different sites. That is a pretty big price difference.

Bill Bulloch
06-27-2010, 8:04 PM
Robert, I live about 40 miles from them, but have never visited their place. I did take a turning course at Highland Hardware about two years ago and one of the owners was the instructor -- he was very knowledgeable.

Ron Chapman
06-28-2010, 9:10 PM
I have bought burls at their location & have been very pleased.
Mark was quite open about the business & very knowledgable about the burls.

Brent Smith
06-30-2010, 9:14 PM
I've made a few purchases from them over the last year and was very happy with what I received.