PDA

View Full Version : Best composite decking of the 3

Gene Howe
06-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Living in a very rural area, I have limited choices in suppliers. Lowes, HD and local yard.
Brands available are Trex at HD, Choice Deck at Lowes, and Timber Tech at the local supplier.
I intend to use Kreg's decking screw jig. I believe it will work with all three.

Any experience with either brand? Which do you recommend?
Thanks, folks.

Jerome Stanek
06-27-2010, 11:37 AM
I have used Timber deck and choice decking. Also Fiberon that was nice to use. You may want to check out the concealed fasteners as it makes a real nice clean look. If the deck does not have the slot you can use a biscuit cutter to cut the slot in. I did this on a couple of jobs and the client was so happy that they gave me a bonus.

Gene Howe
06-27-2010, 11:46 AM
I have used Timber deck and choice decking. Also Fiberon that was nice to use. You may want to check out the concealed fasteners as it makes a real nice clean look. If the deck does not have the slot you can use a biscuit cutter to cut the slot in. I did this on a couple of jobs and the client was so happy that they gave me a bonus.

Thanks Jerome. What did you think of the difference between Timber Tech and Choice Deck....considering the price difference?

Lee Schierer
06-27-2010, 2:42 PM
We did our decks with Veranda from Home Depot. It has been very good so far. The front deck is about 4 years old and the rear deck is one year this summer.