PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Winter Turning on my Powermatic

Steve Mawson
06-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Just completed running 220 to the garage. Decided to do everything legal so got the permit from the city and had the electrical inspector check it all out. Thanks to the inspector's suggestions ran heavy enough wire to carry 60 amps for electric heat in the winter time. None of my 220 tools take more than 10 amps and never run more than one at a time but now have plenty of electric power to take care of electric needs. Have room for 6 circuits in the box unless I wanted to put in tandems then have room for 12. The way this summer heat is running I may be looking at a window AC. Way over 90 today with heat index well over 100, and I couldn't wait for last winter to be over.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Congrats Steve. You won't regret doing it legally. I have always had great results with the local inpectors....helpful and friendly.

Steve Schlumpf
06-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Looks like you have plenty of power for a new AC unit! Would be nice to be able to control your turning environment year round!

John Hart
06-27-2010, 6:49 AM
Hard to think of a heating system when it's 100 degrees outside isn't it?:)

Congratulations! I'd like to have a comfortable shop in the winter too. It's just not in the equation just yet.

John Keeton
06-27-2010, 6:54 AM
Steve, congrats on the added wiring, though it would have been more comfortable to work on that stuff in March!!:D Looks like you did some good planning, and having a winter ready shop is a real plus. It is my haven during those long winter spells.

Way over 90 today with heat index well over 100, and I couldn't wait for last winter to be over.Nice thing about the weather - always gives us something to look forward to!!

Bernie Weishapl
06-27-2010, 8:19 AM
Steve looks like a great plan. Funny part is, it seems the older I get the quicker winter comes.

Baxter Smith
06-27-2010, 8:50 AM
Congrats. You will love the heat - in the winter that is! After 25 years with a portable kerosene heater, last winter with no filling and fumes, and only a thermostat to turn, I smiled every time I went out there.:) Add the window AC and you can be smiling in July!

Allen Neighbors
06-27-2010, 9:31 AM
Congratulations on the winterized shop!!
Ohhh..... for closed in eaves..... sigh...... :D