PDA

View Full Version : Gloat

Karl Card
06-26-2010, 12:24 PM
this is the first time I have ever GLOATED... hope that is a word...

I even have a pic...

I have bougth a performax 16/32 with a leeson motor. this was a performax before jet got involved. Not for sure myself but some of the old timers believe that performax was better before jet got involved...... as I said I do not know myself... if you have info on that please comment though..

I got the sander, 2 rolls of 120, 80 grit paper, and a box of assorted grits, and the in and out plates for 500 bux. even has a new belt on it...
A crow bar could not wipe the smile off my face right now...

Larry Marley
06-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Congratulations Karl,
Before this post gets moved to the General woodworking forum, this tool is my go to tool for segmented turning. I can crank out true rings, including veneer rings with this thing with such ease.
I added a wixley lunch box planer gauge to mine which made set up very fast.

Larry

David Nelson1
06-26-2010, 2:19 PM
this is the first time I have ever GLOATED... hope that is a word...

I even have a pic...

I have bougth a performax 16/32 with a leeson motor. this was a performax before jet got involved. Not for sure myself but some of the old timers believe that performax was better before jet got involved...... as I said I do not know myself... if you have info on that please comment though..

I got the sander, 2 rolls of 120, 80 grit paper, and a box of assorted grits, and the in and out plates for 500 bux. even has a new belt on it...
A crow bar could not wipe the smile off my face right now...

Thats the sander I wanted but couldn't find one used..... so settled for 10/20. Works great enjoy!!

Roger Chandler
06-26-2010, 5:17 PM
Karl,

I have one of these also [Performax version] and it truly is a great machine to sand panels, and precisely setting thickness on a segmented ring or whatever.

I only have one regret.... that is I bought mine before they came out with the Jet 22-44 plus which not only sands, but oscillates with the sanding which produces a fantastic finish.

Congrats!

Van Huskey
06-26-2010, 8:27 PM
YOU SUCK.

I have used both Performax and Jet versions, never found any difference. Once set up correctly they all work well.

Roger, just to make sure that no one gets confused the 22-44 Plus does not mean it is an oscillating version, in fact I don't even think Jet uses PLUS with its oscillating version I think it is called "officially" the 22-44 OSC. BTW the 22-44 OSC is going to be part of the WMH July 15% off sale as well the 16-32.

Will Overton
06-26-2010, 9:18 PM
Yup, you got yourself a real gloat there.

The only 'upgrade' that I ever heard of on this machine was to solve a problem with early models popping circuit breakers if the feed rate was too high. I don't know if Performax or Jet made the change.

"Sandsmart™ control continuously monitors the load on the drum motor and automatically regulates the speed of the conveyor motor to maintain the highest feed rate without overload"