PDA

View Full Version : Blades for Grizzly G0555

Dave Carey
11-30-2004, 9:19 PM
I remember seeing advice on this subject but can't find the post despite my best search enquiries. I remember that Sufflok Machinery was highly recommended and that Timberwolf was a preferred brand but can't recall the advice on the length to buy for the Grizzly G0555 with the 6" riser block. Anyone's memory better than mine? Greatly appreciate the info.:)

Charlie Plesums
11-30-2004, 10:14 PM
I am on a business trip so I can't look in my shop at the length of my timberwolf blades, but you can measure the one that came with the riser block, or the one that came with the machine and add 12 inches for the riser block. I think it is 105 inches (but that is from memory)

I recommend that you start with the 1/2 inch blade with few teeth for resawing, and the 1/4 inch blade with 10-14 teeth for curves, then go from there.

Ernie Kuhn
11-30-2004, 11:36 PM
105" Is the right answer for the riser block.
Ernie

Greg Narozniak
12-01-2004, 7:24 AM
I've had my G0555 for 8 months and when I first bought it with the riser and I called Suffolk for some Timberwolfs and they guys actually made mine 104½ due to the tensioning issue that these saws used to have (not sure if it has been corrected) but they worked great

Call them They will know what to get you, Great People to deal with

Tom Mullane
12-01-2004, 8:28 AM
I buy TImberwolf blades for my GO555 also and found that 104" blades seem to work better.. but I recently talked to Grizzly Tech Support and they told me about a problem they found with the tensioning device... call them and they will walk you through the fix.. real easy to do but too long to post here...

Kent Cori
12-01-2004, 8:47 PM
I have one of the newer versions of the G0555. The 105" blade works well for me. I also added an Iturra spring and it was well worth the $17 investment.

Dave Carey
12-02-2004, 6:44 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone. Will make those phone calls. Not a real front burner issue yet inasmuch as the saw arrived with one of the blade guides defective; won't turn. Am waiting for Grizzly to figure out what they're going to do about it. Thanks again for the help - Cheers, Dave