PDA

View Full Version : vector cutiing twice

greg lindsey
06-25-2010, 9:28 PM
How do I get my program to vector cut the same item twice. I am using x3 and need to cut an outline twice to get competely through it, without having to be right there to repeat it again.

Thank you.

Steve McKee
06-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Greg, select the item and press the + key. This will create a duplicate in exactly the same place as the original and will vector twice.

Mike Null
06-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Some drivers permit programming the number of passes. Take a look at your Epilog settings and see if you have that option.

The Corel method works also.

greg lindsey
06-25-2010, 10:37 PM
thank you both, next time we meet (for the first time)the beer is on me.:D

Larry Bratton
06-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Set your driver to print 2 copies..that's it. (screen that opens when you send the Print command from Corel, set your number of copies there)

greg lindsey
06-26-2010, 12:11 AM
thanks Larry, I'll give that a try also. Epilog tells me that I cant do that with rastering on my EX, but you guys with the newer machines can:cool:

Joe Hayes
06-26-2010, 9:13 AM
without having to be right there to repeat it again.

Just a friendly reminder to be careful with flame up if you planning on not being there.

Don Sims
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I have the opposite problem. I have my lines set and the vector cut lines cut twice and I don't want them too. It seems to do this on everything. I am using Flexi 8 on my pinaccle engraver.

Larry Bratton
01-17-2011, 10:30 AM
I have the opposite problem. I have my lines set and the vector cut lines cut twice and I don't want them too. It seems to do this on everything. I am using Flexi 8 on my pinaccle engraver.

Since you have Corel X5, why don't you export from Flexi to EPS or Ai and import. Use the Corel Object Manager to see how many curves with outlines that you actually have. Then you can manage it. Just a suggestion.

David Fairfield
01-17-2011, 10:48 AM
In Adobe, if I copy and paste the vector line in front or in back, the Epilog knows there are two lines there, and vectors it twice. I learned that by mistake!

Dave

Richard Rumancik
01-17-2011, 11:02 AM
thanks Larry, I'll give that a try also. Epilog tells me that I cant do that with rastering on my EX, but you guys with the newer machines can . . .

I'm confused - first you said you wanted to vector twice - here you refer to rastering. Did you want to vector and raster twice?

Steve suggested copying the vector onto itself. I would add that if you do this, you might want to put the second path on a separate layer such as "outline pass2" and assign it a different color with (probably) the same power settings. Although you could have different settings for pass2. The point is that by having a separate layer you will not get yourself into a mess if you have to edit something. It can be a problem if you have two black lines on top of each other and can't grab what you want. Also, I would suggest grouping as much as you can before making the copy, so you don't have to select bits and pieces of the path. If you have lots of colors already used then this may become more cumbersome, but if only one or two vector colors it works fine.

I have not tried this with raster, however, and that may vary from laser to laser. Especially if you wanted to change color, which is more difficult with a bitmap. Maybe put the same bitmap on two layers and see what your driver does with it.

Larry Bratton
01-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Although this is an old post, I think Greg was just saying that his Epilog driver for his older machine would not allow him to print 2 copies, regardless of whether he was rastering or vector cutting. When I input 2 copies my 36EXT will run the complete file 2 times regardless of what it is. If I copy and paste vector lines on top of each other, the machine will run those cuts without refocusing. You can't copy and paste images to be rastered on top of each other and have them run multiple times, as the machine only sees one layer in this instance.

Richard Rumancik
01-17-2011, 4:35 PM
Ah, gee, I really have to pay more attention to dates. I wouldn't have posted here if I realized that it was a 6 month old question. I know some of you disagree; we have had the discussion before, but I really don't see the point of resurrecting old posts. And after the first person responds it starts to look like a current discussion. Oh well . . .

andrew zen
01-19-2011, 5:37 PM
In Corel, I create a duplicate layer. Most likely you will use two different settings for the cuts i.e. different colors. As two different layers, you can change the order or disable a layer if you only want one cut.

Larry Bratton
01-19-2011, 8:05 PM
Ah, gee, I really have to pay more attention to dates. I wouldn't have posted here if I realized that it was a 6 month old question. I know some of you disagree; we have had the discussion before, but I really don't see the point of resurrecting old posts. And after the first person responds it starts to look like a current discussion. Oh well . . .
Not to worry Richard. Don Sims is the one who dug this one back up on 1/16/2011. He also posted his question in another thread also. My response was to his question, although I had replied to this one when Greg did it initially. Kinda confusing.

greg lindsey
01-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Thanks larry, I did a ctr + and that worked out perfect.