PDA

View Full Version : Looking for overlay pocket door slides

Craig D Peltier
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Where to find? Need 3/4 overlay. I understand the top and bottom cant overlay. I was told there is a door like this out there. The ones I saw on woodworkers hardware were only 3/8 overlay at most from what I could tell.

Craig D Peltier
06-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Forgot to mention. Looking for 12 inch deep.

Its for a bathroom counter top cabinet. The idea behind it is. Cabinet 12 deep x 45 tall by 19 wide. Lower portion needs to have a door that will allow my wife to get in there and access the 4 plugs an store her hair accessories in there. The cabinet style will be full overlay and flat walnut 3/4 ply for doors.
If I just use regular doors it will protrude to about 1-2 inches from edge of counter when open so that wont work ( no room to take stuff out , cords will have to go up over door). A draw is what i like best but think a draw with no back will allow cords to hang up when opening and closing.
Inset type door wont look as good. Vanity below is all full overlay from one piece of ply.
Thanks

Gerry Grzadzinski
06-26-2010, 10:33 AM
1/2" overlay if you bevel the back corner of the door.
http://www.accuride.com/Resources/PDF/1332-1432-R8-0509.pdf

Craig D Peltier
06-26-2010, 10:54 AM
1/2" overlay if you bevel the back corner of the door.
http://www.accuride.com/Resources/PDF/1332-1432-R8-0509.pdf

Thanks furthest I found was 7/16th. Guess they dont make it or cant.

David DeCristoforo
06-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Evidently this is an impossibility. No one has yet figured out how to make a pocket door setup that will allow a 3/4" (full) overlay. And you can be sure that some pretty good engineers have put their minds to it. It's the "holy grail" of the cabinet hardware universe.

Craig D Peltier
06-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Evidently this is an impossibility. No one has yet figured out how to make a pocket door setup that will allow a 3/4" (full) overlay. And you can be sure that some pretty good engineers have put their minds to it. It's the "holy grail" of the cabinet hardware universe.
Dang always asking for the something there isnt yet.

Thanks for looking whomever did. Im going to use a draw with no back and half sides.