PDA

View Full Version : Clean Optics

Tim Bateson
06-25-2010, 10:53 AM
I was having an issue with getting a clean vector cut, so I cleaned my lens. This made a big difference, but I still wasn't getting a good cut. What I didn't & couldn't know is my mirror in the side panel was dusty. This mirror is nearly impossible to see and cleaning it requires removing the side panel & when done re-aligning the beam. Here are the before & after cleaning that mirror. Same vector file - dusty mirror - clean mirror.

Ron Chapellaz
06-25-2010, 7:02 PM
I learnt about that mirror as well Tim, and yes it is a pain to get to and clean. I clean that secondary mirror about once a month. I installed my laser close to the corner of the room. I'm just glad I didn't place it any closer with having to open up that left side panel.
Wow, looking at your photos sure shows the difference in the quality of cut! This proves the point as to why we have to keep everything clean!

Dan Hintz
06-27-2010, 5:18 PM
That doesn't strike me as a dusty mirror problem, it looks more like a loose mirror mount... maybe you merely tightened it up after cleaning? Dust should reduce power, not create an angled cut line...