View Full Version : Life Expectancy Quiz

James Farrow
11-30-2004, 4:16 PM
Got this from another woodworking board:

http://livingto100.com/quiz.cfm

James :)

Donnie Raines
11-30-2004, 4:30 PM
Well.....it looks like I died about 2 years ago. I accidently put 2000 lbs in for my weight...... :D

It says 71.2 for me......I was hopeing for late eighties or better...

Jack Hogoboom
11-30-2004, 6:33 PM
I'm afraid to look.... :eek:

Jack

Jerry Olexa
11-30-2004, 8:50 PM
mine came out 93 yrs. As WC Fields said" If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of mysef".

Christopher Pine
11-30-2004, 11:00 PM
93 for me.... Genetically I have got a good shot! MY grandparents lived into there 90's... Now if I can just afford to live that long... hmmm?? :)
Chris

James Giordano
12-01-2004, 5:23 AM
63 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-01-2004, 6:47 AM
83.7 for me. Hope they find a way to get rid of ostio-arthritis before long. The fact that I was STUPID and didn't treat my body very nice when I was young comes back to haunt me every day. Especially when the weather changes and around here, it changes every five minutes!

Be GOOD to yourselves.
Bruce

Jim Becker
12-01-2004, 10:42 AM
87.3...I can deal with that...but am willing to volunteer for more! :D

Donnie Raines
12-01-2004, 12:02 PM
I wonder how we should factor this into our retirement plans. It appears that I am going to clock out a little earlier then I had wished for. I guess that means I should stop slideing the higher % of my pay into diffrent funds and what not...and should start slideing it into the work shop...... :rolleyes: :cool:

..you know...enjoy it why you can kind of thing....

Frank Pellow
12-01-2004, 7:33 PM
WOW, my result was 94.9 years. :D That means I have 32 more years of woodworking and surely in that time I will learn enough to create some worthwhile items.

Jim Stastny
12-01-2004, 9:54 PM
I get to live to alomst 84. Mmmm I bet I can do better than that.

Jason Roehl
12-02-2004, 8:23 AM
93.0 for me. I also did one (RealAge?) that, instead of giving your life expectancy, it calculated your apparent age (probably based on average lifespans). I came out to be about 20 years old (I'm 30).

I sleep well, am physically active, don't smoke, drink moderately, no stress, good BP, no diabetes, BMI of 22.4, good family (even though not geographically close), and good friends (including here!)

Probably my biggest shortcoming is that I am light-skinned and never wear sunscreen. I don't take my shirt off outside, but my face, arms and legs go unprotected--as a painter! Hey, nobody's perfect! :D

Michael Stafford
12-02-2004, 8:59 AM
How sad, I died last Wednesday... And not one of you guys sent flowers... Oy vay!!!

Mark Singer
12-02-2004, 9:06 AM
881/2 I need more!

Dennis Peacock
12-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Mine says - 67.3....I at least have a little longer.!!! ;) :D

Chad Pater
12-02-2004, 12:05 PM
79.4 hmmmm

John Miliunas
12-02-2004, 1:36 PM
Well, it's been nice knowin' you guys! :(

Howard Norman
12-02-2004, 1:53 PM
Well, I am 70 now so I may be around another year or so.

Howard

Donnie Raines
12-02-2004, 2:22 PM
Well, it's been nice knowin' you guys! :(

For those that are about to punch out....I was wondering...ahhhh...ummm..if we could work something out about me takeing care of your tools when that time comes........ :D :D

John Miliunas
12-02-2004, 2:24 PM
For those that are about to punch out....I was wondering...ahhhh...ummm..if we could work something out about me takeing care of your tools when that time comes........ :D :D

Ahhhhh...You wouldn't, by chance, have something like a particular W&H in mind, would you?! :eek: :D :cool:

Donnie Raines
12-02-2004, 2:33 PM
Ahhhhh...You wouldn't, by chance, have something like a particular W&H in mind, would you?! :eek: :D :cool:
I tell you what......if you out live me you can have my lumber....if you go first I get your machinery....... :D :eek: :cool:

Lets see the odds....I am 27....and your how old???.... :confused: :D

John Miliunas
12-02-2004, 2:35 PM
I tell you what......if you out live me you can have my lumber....if you go first I get your machinery....... :D :eek: :cool:

Lets see the odds....I am 27....and your how old???.... :confused: :D

Hmmmm....I'm old enough to be your dad! So, what DO you think those odds might be?! :eek: :) :cool:

Donnie Raines
12-02-2004, 2:42 PM
Hmmmm....I'm old enough to be your dad! So, what DO you think those odds might be?! :eek: :) :cool:

Me thinks we should cease this conversation for we could jinks stuff..... :eek:

John Miliunas
12-02-2004, 3:01 PM
Me thinks we should cease this conversation for we could jinks stuff..... :eek:

Chicken! :rolleyes: Heck, I ain't afraid...I've already got one foot in the grave! :eek: Aw, but you're probably right. I need to conserve what little energy I have left. Still got a lot more tools to buy! :D LOML always tells me that "shopping is hard work"! :D :cool:

Donnie Raines
12-02-2004, 3:24 PM
Chicken is right.....when I factor in all the other bets i have lost through the years....my odds are realllllly bad on this one. And when the stakes are this high........well......I better go to church tonight..... :cool: :D

Wait...maybe if I do the Life Test again it will yeild me more time....heck that will better my odds...... :rolleyes: :confused: ;)

John Miliunas
12-02-2004, 4:53 PM
OK, here's a hoot: I went back and did the survey again. All the same answers, except, this time I marked myself as "single"; Picked up almost two years! :D :D :D

And do you know why married men typically die before their spouse? Because they WANT to! :D :cool:

Michael Stafford
12-02-2004, 5:06 PM
John, your statement that men die because they want to reminds me of the story about Winston Churchill.

There was an important British socialite who was very opposed to Churchill's politics. On this occasion they were at a social event and she said to him, "Sir, if I was married to you I would poison your tea." :eek:

His response appropriately was, " Madam, if I was married to you I would drink that tea." :p

Kirk (KC) Constable
12-03-2004, 5:13 AM
I answered all the questions honestly, and I'm the apparent 'winner' at 59.7 years. If my blood pressure wasn't outstanding I'd prolly be dead ALREADY. :-(

Certainly brightened my day...

Mark J Bachler
12-03-2004, 8:30 AM
After the heart attack in "03" at the ripe old age of 48, I just take it from day to day.

larry merlau
12-03-2004, 9:20 AM
mine said that i got 87.3. :D so that means another30 plus of beard growth, so maybe i could replace the merlin on harry potter or the lord of the rings guy? or maybe santa if he ever retires. but till then i willjust keep readin your wisdom here and breathin in the great fresh air of the woods and waters :D