PDA

View Full Version : New Bosch Slider

Mike Henderson
06-23-2010, 10:40 AM
FWW had a "teaser" article (http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/28125/new-sliding-miter-saw-from-bosch) on a new Bosch sliding miter saw. The big difference is that it's a zero clearance saw (behind the saw). When I bought my miter saw, I had to go with a 12" standard (non-slider) because I didn't have space where my saw would go for a slider.

Anybody have any more information on this saw? Or even heard a more detailed description of the saw? People are guessing the price will be about $700.

Also, the one described is a 12" and for a slider, I'd prefer a 10". Anyone heard of a 10" in this technology other than Festool?

If this has already been discussed, mods please put a pointer and lock the thread - but I didn't find anything.

Mike

Rick Markham
06-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Mike, I have only seen one other article regarding it. It also listed the price as $699, and it should be available soon (for the life of me I can't remember the date) The review of it I saw, was very impressive, that the "gliding" action is nearly frictionless, so much so that they have included an adjustment, so you can actually add resistance to the gliding action (for those who don't feel comfortable with zero resistance.) Needless to say it is pretty slick looking, and can be placed flush against the wall. I haven't bought a miter saw, because I want the travel of a slider, but I have a tiny shop and don't have the space for a slider. Needless to say, I am anxious for this to come out, it really sounds like it is everything it is designed to be... time will tell. I love all my Bosch tools, and hopefully this one will live up to their standards. I might just be in the market for it!

Edit: I believe the other article I read says it has 14" of travel. (don't hold me to it, but I am 90% certain of that)

John Mark Lane
06-23-2010, 12:23 PM
I've been trying to find out more about his saw, too. I read the articles online. I think I saw somewhere "due on the market this fall" or something, which seems odd to have such a long lead time. I would just like to know what the damn dimensions of the thing are. If it will fit on a 24 inch deep bench up against a wall, I'll buy it. I'd love to see the equivalent in a 10 inch. But as far as I can see, it's just the 12.

There is an interesting Hitachi that also is supposedly able to sit up against a wall, but I think it's larger (much different slider setup).

If anyone has access to one of these to measure it, I'd be might grateful for some measurements....

Mark

Bill LaPointe
06-23-2010, 12:38 PM
John,

Do you want dimensions on the Hitachi or the new Bosch? I have the Hitachi.

John Mark Lane
06-23-2010, 1:22 PM
Hi Bill,

Thanks for asking -- I would love to have measurements for both. I'm trying to find one that will work with my bench limitations. I assume you're talking about either the Hitachi C12RSH or the C12LSH? Amazon lists dimensions for these, but it's kind of hard to tell what the reality is. How much bench does it really need (assuming a bench up against the wall in the back)? I don't mind if the adjusting arm hangs over a little bit... but not too much.

Thanks!

Mark