PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Nail Guns

Von Bickley
04-04-2003, 9:58 AM
Had an e-mail to-day about a sale that Grizzly is having on their nail guns. Don't know anything about Grizzly nail guns and I am not associated with Grizzly in any way. Just wanted to let you guys know about their sale.

Ron Taylor
04-04-2003, 10:17 AM
and am very interested in the 1/4" crown stapler for $29.00. Just wondering though, is the 1/4" designation talking about the width of the staple or the length?

I guess I could go to the Griz web site and look it up, but good for discussion here to.

Ron Meadows
04-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Ron,

The 1/4" is the width of the staples. I believe that the gun in question will shoot up to a 1 1/4" staple.

Hope this helps,

Ron

Perry Schmidt
04-04-2003, 12:39 PM
I just got this email too and have to question - how good is the nail gun? Crown stapler for $30...can't beat that price! But the old saying sticks in my head - ' you get what you pay for'. So will it stop working for me after a few magazines of staples??

It's not going to get heavy production use - just 'home use', but I don't want to have to get a new one two years down the road either.

Anyone have Grizzly staplers?? Are they 'quality enough' products?? (Or any nailgun for that matter.)

Thanks,

Perry

Doyle Alley
04-04-2003, 3:49 PM
I've got the Griz 18ga brad nailer/stapler combo. The machine functions great as a stapler. I found that it is unsuitable as a nailer. This is a problem with any of the combo guns - not just Griz. The problem is that a stapler requires a wide head to drive the staple. When that wide head is used to drive a brad, it leaves a very wide dent in the wood. Also, when driving a nail into a very hard wood, the head of the nail has all that side-to- side room to move as it is being driven and frequently winds up just coiling up on the surface of the wood. After trying to use my combo machine to drive brads into some hickory, I bought a PC 18ga nailer and now use my Grizzly exclusively for staples. I haven't got a single complaint when using it in that mode.

Steve Clardy
04-04-2003, 6:02 PM
Out of the ten guns I have, three are Grizzly. 1 18 ga. stapler, 2 18 ga. brad nailers. They have worked non stop. 2 of them are probably ten years old, the other about 2 years old.
For that price, I would say that they are discontinued items they are selling. Grizzly drops the prices on stuff after they have come out with newer like items. I would buy them again. Steve

Bartee Lamar
04-04-2003, 8:18 PM
Ordered the G1861 Super Brad Nailer - Red $39.95

Now I think going t buy the HF compressor for $109 that is on sale..

I will let you know... now I just have to get some shop time...

Paul Kunkel
04-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Perry Schmidt
I just got this email too and have to question - how good is the nail gun? Crown stapler for $30...can't beat that price! But the old saying sticks in my head - ' you get what you pay for'. So will it stop working for me after a few magazines of staples??

It's not going to get heavy production use - just 'home use', but I don't want to have to get a new one two years down the road either.

Anyone have Grizzly staplers?? Are they 'quality enough' products?? (Or any nailgun for that matter.)

Thanks,

Perry Putting cabinet backs on for about 8 years and boxes of staples. I paid about $60 back then-great deal!:cool: I also have their framing nailer(same vintage) and it's run thousands of nails. Never a repair:D

Bob Boake
04-05-2003, 2:04 PM
I have the super brad nailer. A very basic gun, but it does what it is supposed to do. Does not jam and has never needed a repair in 10 years.

These guns are an old design.Most mfg made changes in their guns several years ago. The air discharge is delayed and evacuates from the top or the back of the handle. Gives more control and less recoil.

Although not as refined as a new PC, Paslode or Bostitch, I can't imagine anybody being disappointed in the basic quality or performance.