PDA

View Full Version : Kreg Bandsaw Fence?

Gary Conklin
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I recently upgraded to a Kreg bandsaw fence, but when it is bolted to my saw's table it rides about an 1/8" higher than the miter slot and table. Anyone have this isuue? How did you fix it?

Greg Woloshyn
06-22-2010, 3:18 PM
I think the holes on my fence are larger to allow for adjustment, perhaps you could open up the holes or maybe slot them? I'd have to take a closer look at mine, it's not exactly setup yet.

Harvey Pascoe
06-22-2010, 3:24 PM
There are four plastic adjustment screws in the carriage plus you have adjustment in fence attachment to carriage. Have you tried these. Also check the height of fence attachment to table, may be too high.

I'm very disappointed with this fence, its not well designed. Was looking for accuracy but its about as accurate as an old table saw bar clamp fence. As soon as you set the clamp the fence shifts and I've tried a 101 ways to correct this without success. There is simply no provision for accuracy.

If you think this fence will be as accurate as your table saw fence, think again. I do not recommend this one.

Keith Westfall
06-23-2010, 2:16 AM
I had a similar problem and found that I had the bracket that the fence bolts to, attached backwards to the slide lock. It has an offset on it which if the right way around, allows the fence to sit on the table.

Not sure if I missed it or the instructions weren't clear... :(

Kevin Gregoire
06-23-2010, 4:20 PM
i would have to look at mine also but it fits my table perfectly, i have a ridgid BS and the
Kreg fence works just awesome!