PDA

View Full Version : LN at Frank Klausz's workshop in NJ this weekend

Mark Smith, too
06-21-2010, 6:51 PM
In case someone local didn't get the word, LN will be at Frank Klausz's workshop in Pluckemin, NJ this Friday and Saturday. Here's the link:
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/?pg=66

Chuck Bender from Acanthus Workshop down Philly way will also be presenting, and reps from two top plane makers will be showing their wares. I plan to attend Friday. Hope some Creekers from the area can make it.

george wilson
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I'll have to keep CHUCK BENDER away from my metal lathe!!!:)

James Taglienti
06-22-2010, 10:08 PM
comedic gold :D

James Taglienti
06-22-2010, 10:09 PM
still giggling

Charles Bender
06-24-2010, 5:34 AM
And you're drill press... :rolleyes:

I will be there demonstrating some carving techniques. Matt Bickford will also be there showing how to use his molding planes. Fred West will hopefully be showing off some of those Marcou hand planes and there will be a surprise guest...the one and only Geoff Noden with his adjust-a-bench and a Noden Inlay Razor. It's going to be a great time with lots of stuff to see and do.

James Taglienti
06-24-2010, 8:11 AM
:eek: busted

Charles Bender
06-24-2010, 8:37 AM
And, for the record, I've neither bent nor broken a chuck on a metal lathe or drill press.;)

Roger Benton
06-24-2010, 8:12 PM
I'll be there friday as well, been looking forward to it for weeks.

Tom Godley
06-25-2010, 10:40 PM
I went over today - spent a couple of hours.

Somehow I misplaced about $500.00 -- I don't know what happened to it. :)

I did get a free LN ruler ........... !!

Roger Benton
06-26-2010, 11:11 PM
seems i'm not the only one who "lost" some dough at the Lie Nielsen event.:rolleyes:
I got a ruler too, and a dvd.

Big thanks to Deneb Puchalski from Lie Nielsen... he was totally game to tirelessly answer the same questions and demo the same procedures over and over throughout the day all while constantly supplying people like me with freshly prepped and marked test pieces to saw/chisel/plane on. His technique for cleaning the faces of tenons with a router plane was an absolute revelation for me; I am now officially in the market for a No71 style plane.