PDA

View Full Version : Great Father's Day Present

Joe Shinall
06-21-2010, 5:51 PM
My wife woke me up yesterday morning with a big smile on her face and a pregnancy test in her hand! I found out on Father's Day I will be a daddy for the first time! Now does anyone have a Taunton DVD on kids??? Can I just call up Grizzly and get a manual???

Looks like the next thing I am building is a crib and dresser.

Mitchell Andrus
06-21-2010, 5:57 PM
Congratulations.

Your world will change for the better and you won't miss the old one. Welcome to stage 2.

Quick, go shopping and to dinner and the movies while it's still easy.

David G Baker
06-21-2010, 6:23 PM
Joe,
Don't need no stinking manual, kids now days come with money back guarantee. :D Congratulations!!!!!

Shawn Christ
06-21-2010, 6:54 PM
Mitchell hit it on the head -- your life is about to change for the better.

I built a crib for my first-born son and have been woodworking ever since. It is a WONDERFUL experience but unfortunately they do outgrow it fast. If you are interested in crib pics let me know. And I'm sure there is a thread on this topic somewhere around here.

Congratulations and best wishes Joe! It's challenging at times but it's great being a dad!

Chris Kennedy
06-21-2010, 7:52 PM
My wife woke me up yesterday morning with a big smile on her face and a pregnancy test in her hand! I found out on Father's Day I will be a daddy for the first time! Now does anyone have a Taunton DVD on kids??? Can I just call up Grizzly and get a manual???

Looks like the next thing I am building is a crib and dresser.

Congrats! And congrats again because I have to have at least 10 characters!

Joe Shinall
06-21-2010, 8:25 PM
Quick, go shopping and to dinner and the movies while it's still easy.

Yeah Mitchell, I've got that same advice from all of my friends.

Thanks for all the congratulations. We decided to start trying about a month ago. Didn't take long at all! Hope he/she comes out healthy with a Stanley plane in one hand and a bowl gouge in the other...

Ken Fitzgerald
06-21-2010, 8:28 PM
Congratulations Joe! The life you share with the LOYL will change dramatically and wonderfully! Again.....Congrats!

Steve Schlumpf
06-21-2010, 8:31 PM
Congrats Joe! Great news!

Ron Jones near Indy
06-21-2010, 9:26 PM
Congrats. By all means, do the dinner and movie thing now. Also, the same recommendation for shop time.

Mitchell Andrus
06-21-2010, 9:47 PM
Yeah Mitchell, I've got that same advice from all of my friends.

Thanks for all the congratulations. We decided to start trying about a month ago. Didn't take long at all! Hope he/she comes out healthy with a Stanley plane in one hand and a bowl gouge in the other...

Nope. It'll be a poorly tuned trombone in one hand a the car keys in the other. ....And it happens faster than you can blink. Mine are both in college and I can still smell the baby shampoo.

Phil Thien
06-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Congratulations. What a great way to find out.

Joe Shinall
06-22-2010, 1:00 AM
Nope. It'll be a poorly tuned trombone in one hand a the car keys in the other. ....And it happens faster than you can blink. Mine are both in college and I can still smell the baby shampoo.

Or a clarinet, that's what the wife played while I was on the baseball field! Let's hope it either takes to my sense of sports or my wife's sense to music. Either side, I think we're pretty good.

Thanks again for all the congrats. It was a great day to find it out.

Belinda Barfield
06-22-2010, 7:32 AM
Hope he/she comes out healthy with a Stanley plane in one hand and a bowl gouge in the other...

OOOOH! Unless he/she is born by C-section that's going to be a little painful on the exit! :eek: :D

Congrats Joe! :)

Dave Verstraete
06-22-2010, 6:50 PM
Congrats Joe!!!!:) Now you have another use for your noise cancelling headphones:D

Dan Mages
06-23-2010, 6:10 AM
I found out last year on Fathers Day after in almost the same circumstances! Afterwards, we went strawberry picking and a nice lunch to celebrate. Abby is now 4 months old and just took her morning bottle, hence the reason I am up so early.

Congrats!

PS, the do have a manual for that... http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Owners-Starter-Kit-Instructional/dp/1594741751/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277287708&sr=8-2

Joe Shinall
06-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I found out last year on Fathers Day after in almost the same circumstances! Afterwards, we went strawberry picking and a nice lunch to celebrate. Abby is now 4 months old and just took her morning bottle, hence the reason I am up so early.

Congrats!

PS, the do have a manual for that... http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Owners-Starter-Kit-Instructional/dp/1594741751/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277287708&sr=8-2

That's awesome Dan. Glad to hear a good similar story. I taught my wife how to turn a bowl and she said she will teach me about kids so I shouldn't have to have a manual. Just wing it!

Rob Cunningham
06-24-2010, 1:02 PM
Congratulations Joe. Enjoy your children when they are young because those days go by so quickly. One day you're teaching them to walk, the next day you're taking them to college. Best of luck to you and your wife.

Jim Mattheiss
06-24-2010, 1:47 PM
Yes - time sure flies . . .

My 1st just Graduated 8th Grade and is going to HS next year.
My 2nd is transitioning from 5th Grade to Middle School next year.

I'm restoring pictures from 1 computer to another and seeing them as babies as I snoop thru the pictures is quite a trip down memory lane.

Congratulations on your Fathers Day present. . .

Jim