PDA

View Full Version : Big Buy

Bill May
06-20-2010, 1:52 PM
Well after not having a clue what i was going to do in terms of a sliding ts. I talked to the boss aka my wife , book keeper and got the capital to make a large mulitiple machine purchase. We decided to go with a felder k 500 , grizzly 12" short bed jointer, and 2 grizzly 3hp shapers and sell 1 of 2 unisaws , dj20 and 1 of 2 1&1/2 hp jet shapers( will be posting in classifieds and philly craigs list) ordering on monday, So the wait begins and couple days over time cleaning and re planing the shop

Ray Bell
06-20-2010, 3:43 PM
Big buy indeed, congrats on a great upgrade.

Dave MacArthur
06-20-2010, 5:36 PM
Sounds like a nice setup! Cabinet shop?

Peter Quinn
06-20-2010, 6:00 PM
Sounds great. It was my impression the Felder machines were sort of finished to order, so the wait was extensive. Do they have stock or how long does that take to get? Can't wait to see pics of your new set up, or your old set up. Or your dog. Any pics will do as long as there is some wood working involved in the picture!

Any thoughts about getting a Felder saw/shaper combo to give you a sliding shaper? I'd give my left kidney and a few toes to get a good tilting arbor sliding shaper in the shop.