PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop assembly

Jay Jolliffe
06-20-2010, 1:52 PM
What a pleasure to put together a machine that has great directions. All the bolts, washers were numbered in sections on cardboard. Step by step instructions. Extension tables went on with no shimming. Even the fence is adjustable. Has screws to loosen so you can shim where needed. Mine didn't but I heard others complain about the fence being out. There is one thing I have a complaint about is the miter slots. One is parallel to the blade and only out .002 but the other is out by .010". That one is to the right of the blade & I don't use that one to much. I don't know any way of fixing it being that it's in the top it self. Other than that no complaints....

Will Overton
06-20-2010, 4:14 PM
If you adjust the table so the right slot is perfect, will that bring the left slot closer or further out?

Congrats on getting the SS.

joe milana
06-21-2010, 10:57 AM
How's that gonna work when you go to build that nice new crosscut sled?

Van Huskey
06-21-2010, 12:02 PM
How's that gonna work when you go to build that nice new crosscut sled?

Thats a good point.

The .002 out is fine the .010 is twice the maximum I would want to see for a single side. I have never measure the slot to slot parallelism numbers but I have never had to deal with a saw more than .003 out at 90*. I would suggest adjusting the left slot at 90* and 45* and then measure the right side and see what the numbers are.