PDA

View Full Version : Help with a logo

greg lindsey
06-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I have a couple of logo's which are AI files and for the life of me I cannot get them into x3 with any clarity enough for engraving. They are supposed to be Hi Res logos. Is anyone interested in taking a look and see if its the artwork or me. If my request is out of line, please let me know. I am authorized to use these. I wasn't sure if I could just post the attachmnet or not. Thank you fellow creekers.

James Stokes
06-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Change them to EPS in Illustrator and you should not have a problem.

greg lindsey
06-20-2010, 12:40 PM
wow, serious brain fade this morning. Thank you James.

Larry Bratton
06-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Greg:
If you don't have Illustrator as James suggests you can post them here, or maybe e-mail them to James and he can convert them to eps files for you.
If you have Photoshop, open them with PS, they will come in as bitmaps, then save them and import them into X3 and trace them. That works really well as PS apparently maintains the quality of the Ai file.

Doug Griffith
06-20-2010, 1:07 PM
It's possible the Illustrator logos are just placed bitmaps. PM me if you haven't solved your problem and I'll check i out.

greg lindsey
06-20-2010, 1:21 PM
Yea I have the Adobe Deluxe Suite CS5, I took James's advise and it worked out fine . Maybe it was too much Tequila last night;). My excuse was a really big HS reunion party.:o

Larry Bratton
06-20-2010, 6:57 PM
Yea I have the Adobe Deluxe Suite CS5, I took James's advise and it worked out fine . Maybe it was too much Tequila last night;). My excuse was a really big HS reunion party.:o
OMG ..that cactus juice will cloud your brain for sure..been there..done that. Glad u got it done.

James Stokes
06-20-2010, 7:00 PM
My High School reunion is this weekend also, But it is about a thousand miles from here. I passed on going

In Corel X5 one of the things they tout is improved AI importing.

Dan Hintz
06-21-2010, 6:49 AM
Just flew in last night from my 20-yr reunion. Had a freakin' BLAST! Plenty of people I wanted to see, made a few new friends, and a couple of people who could fall off the face of the Earth and no one would care.

James Stokes
06-21-2010, 9:12 AM
I looked at the photos of mine. Their was not a single person of the 30 or so people I ran with. I remembered very few of the people who went.

Terry Swift
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
You guys are too funny - especially Dan. You're all youngsters.

I went to my 30th - 4 years ago - and it will be my last. None of the people I hung out with have hardly to any of the reunions and it was like High School all over again. The High Society and cliques still seems to have remained. What a pity - thought people would grow up and out of their petty little drama's; but guess not.

Many are on FaceBook and why I have them as friends, I don't seem to remember. They still flash that they married rich, etc. and can live the wonderful lifestyle - while us low working class just don't seem to exist.

I'm not bitter towards them, more sorry that they don't understand life. I lead a very nice life and married to a wonderful woman; so I don't need to try and play games with people to show that I'm better than anyone else. I prefer living on my level with "real" people and seeing how the world really exists.

Sorry for the tirade as it not on course of this forum.

Dan Hintz
06-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Terry,

The general cliques were still there, but I also found not only were the clique lines significantly more blurred than back then, but many were wonderful and fun to talk to... I'd actually hang out with several I wouldn't have been caught dead hanging out with back in HS. 20 years is a lot of growing time, and some people used it well (including myself). I just added a few new FB friends because of it...

Terry Swift
06-21-2010, 1:39 PM
Dan,

Glad you went to a school where people did change. I'm not saying everybody in the society cliques stayed that way - some actually have become very nice people. Others, oh well.

James Stokes
06-21-2010, 2:28 PM
The people that went to my reunion were the jocks and cheerleaders. Their greatest achievment in life happened because they considered themselves B.M.O.C. They still live in the past.

Bill Cunningham
06-22-2010, 9:27 PM
The most main ones I went to School with would not be caught dead at a reunion..ha.. The rest of them..Well they 'are' dead..

Frank Corker
06-23-2010, 4:13 AM
The most main ones I went to School with would not be caught dead at a reunion..ha.. The rest of them..Well they 'are' dead..

Well aren't you Mister Cheerful

AL Ursich
06-23-2010, 12:26 PM
My first 35th is next month. Alot of first timers from what the organizer said.... Between the Navy and 13 years in San Diego I never made a reunion. Should be interesting....

Got this from the organizer yesterday.

I don't want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything, but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

AL:D