PDA

View Full Version : Information from David Marks

John Gregory
11-29-2004, 1:00 PM
The following link will take you to David's web site where he addresses the subject of more Woodworks Shows on DIY network.

http://www.djmarks.com/stories/djm/Concerning_Woodworks_87835.asp

Please note the 600 series is showing now and the 700 series starts January 2005. Good news for us "Woodworks Junkies"

Ted Shrader
11-29-2004, 1:10 PM
John -

That is good news. I go through the weekly on screen listing and select the whole weeks worth of shows so the box automatically switches to them. :)

Ted

Ken Garlock
11-29-2004, 1:54 PM
Thanks for the good info, John.

As suggested on David's website, I sent an Email to the DIY people asking for additional episodes of Wood Works.

Being the curmudgeon that I am, I also suggested that they could cancel or greatly reduce "Woodworking", "Warehouse Warriors,", "Celebrity Hobbies,", and "Radio controlled hobbies." No doubt many of you disagree, and you are entitled to your opinions :) .

Keith Christopher
11-29-2004, 2:03 PM
Thanks for the good info, John.
Being the curmudgeon that I am, I also suggested that they could cancel or greatly reduce "Woodworking", "Warehouse Warriors,", "Celebrity Hobbies,", and "Radio controlled hobbies." No doubt many of you disagree, and you are entitled to your opinions :) .
Warehouse Warriors was good at first but it's so old and not one really "wins" anything. make it like monster house and the winners get a nice set of tools !

on this topic has anyone noticed that Norm recently "kicked it up a notch" on his show ? doing some more difficult things, discussing different finishes...Interesting to note I thought.

Jerry Olexa
11-29-2004, 2:36 PM
Thanks for the info, John, I sent an email to DIY encouraging them to NEVER cancel his show....

Christopher Pine
11-29-2004, 4:28 PM
I see also on his sight he will be teaching at the woodcraft stores in Texas!! That is cool! I seen him at the woodworkers show here in Denver couple weeks ago. He is very personable in person and would be a great class no doubt!
Chris

Thomas Walker
11-29-2004, 4:55 PM
I mainly wish they would get rid of the host of Warehouse Warriors - I can't watch that guy. Then maybe they could tone down the rah-rah aspect of the show and it would become more interesting/useful.

Carole Valentine
11-29-2004, 5:14 PM
Cool! I had sent an email to DIY and Woodcraft. I just wish he would do some more non-mission stuff, but I learn from it anyway. As for Warehouse Warriors...useless IMHO.