PDA

View Full Version : New 2 HP Oneida Dust Gorilla Install

Paul McGaha
06-19-2010, 9:50 PM
Just completed the installation of a new 2 HP Oneida Dust Collector.

Please find the following pictures:

Paul McGaha
06-19-2010, 9:53 PM
Photos, part 2:

Tom W Armstrong
06-19-2010, 9:59 PM
Thanks for the description. Looks great!

Did you purchase the duct work from Oneida as well? Did you consider the 3 HP versus 2 HP given the small price difference? I'm within days of ordering the DC system for my shop and really appreciate the timely post on Oneida.

Thanks

Paul McGaha
06-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Tom,

I bought the 2 HP as recommended by Oneida. My salesman told me that considering the size of my shop, the tools that I have, and the fact that don't have the room for additional tools the 2 HP Dust Gorilla would cover my shop and then some.

That being said, I don't think I was finished with the installation before I was second guessing myself as to go to a 3 HP as I think it was only a couple of hundred bucks more. Not a lot considering the cost of the entire system.

I am thinking this dust collector will serve me a long time so I pretty much went all out with the installation using spiral duct and heavy duty fittings. I bought everything from Oneida except what new hose I needed which I bought from Rockler.

I am very happy with it. Would highly recommend Oneida to all.

PHM

Bruce Page
06-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Beautiful! The Oneida mustard matches the PM mustard nicely!

Dave MacArthur
06-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Nice!

I've got an Oneida and bunch of spiral duct sitting in pieces in my garage, and need to get hooking it up. Your post is an inspiration to get cracking! What's that duct right of your SCMS, pic #6 on 2nd post, with the clear plastic fitting on end?

Paul McGaha
06-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi Dave,

That is the last outlet in the system.

It will be used mainly for my shaper which is on a mobile base and usually sort of tucked away or I might get a downdraft table at some point.

It will be connected to a tool on occasion rather than full time like the other tools.

I think I remember seeing a picture of your dust collector (and a bunch of other stuff) the other day. You still suck. :)

PHM

Ed Hazel
06-20-2010, 9:50 AM
Thanks for the description. Looks great!

Did you purchase the duct work from Oneida as well? Did you consider the 3 HP versus 2 HP given the small price difference? I'm within days of ordering the DC system for my shop and really appreciate the timely post on Oneida.

Thanks

I went with the 3HP even though at this time I did not need it the 2HP would have been sufficient but who knows what the future holds.

Paul McGaha
06-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Ed,

I know what you mean. And considering the cost to upgrade to 3 HP was pretty small I sort of regret that I didnt buy a 3 HP.

But on the other hand the 2 HP is supposed to be adequate (per Oneida) and I really dont doubt that it is for my current shop and tools and my shop and tools are not likely to change much for the next say 10 years or so. Just isnt room for wide belt sander, oscillating edge sander, etc.

PHM