PDA

View Full Version : Mods/admins and "censoring"

Fred Perreault
06-19-2010, 8:09 PM
I have been a member of the SMC, and most frequently the turning forum, for the past 1.5 years. I have had one posting moved to another forum. There was some frost on my pumpkin for a brief time, but I got over it. it didn't really belong where I posted it, but damn, that was my favorite forum. I have been on line on mesaage boards, bulletin boards and forums since 1984. As an early adopter of modems/internet, I doubt a lot of Creeksters can relate to early online tech. The mods and admins have a tough job to keep the forums organized, clean, helpful and informative. I have seen numerous posts commenting and complimenting the Creek, for the high quality of the turning forum in particular. The only way to get such high respect is to do what one believes is the right thing to do, at the time. In that vein, sometimes marginal posts get the boot, or get moved around. The truly understanding people will take it in stride. The overall wealth of information, experience and inspiration available at the Sawmill Creek has to be greater than any single woodworking library to be found anywhere. All for the cost of an internet connection. We all are active participants in this venture, but only a select few have to clean the office, sweep the floors and take out the trash.
I think it would be a bargain at twice the price, and I am currently hoisting one for the mods and admins..... even the newbie Keeton:)

Phil Thien
06-19-2010, 8:14 PM
I am currently hoisting one for the mods and admins..... even the newbie Keeton:)

I'll drink to that! :D

Karl Card
06-19-2010, 8:16 PM
Amen!!!!!!!

alex carey
06-19-2010, 8:21 PM
well said.

Thom Sturgill
06-19-2010, 8:35 PM
As another 'early adopter' and a one time BBS sysop, I know you are right on, well said!

David E Keller
06-19-2010, 9:08 PM
Nicely put.

Matt Hutchinson
06-19-2010, 9:22 PM
True, it was well said, but isn't this thread in the wrong forum? :eek: ROFL!

Hutch

Fred Perreault
06-19-2010, 9:36 PM
.....probably:) but there's that darn discretion again, rearing it's ugly head

John Keeton
06-19-2010, 9:38 PM
I am just basking in the warmth of the love....before I move the thread to Off Topic!!:D Unless another mod beats me to it!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Fred,

You will have to forgive John Keeton. He's feeling exuberance wielding his newly acquired power and wanting to test his ability to move a thread.

John.....Reread the OPs first post. He mentioned "turning" at least once.:eek::rolleyes::D

Jeff Nicol
06-19-2010, 11:28 PM
If it were a perfect world, there would not be room for improvement, be it in turning or just being a good soul! I believe a lot of the turners have huge hearts and gentle dispositions.........I better stop before I get some guys weepy!

Thanks for all the good work Mods!

Jeff

Steve Mawson
06-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Well put, couldn't agree more. Plus this place is FUN.

Cathy Schaewe
06-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Amen. :)

Joe Wiliams
06-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Maybe the Mods could move this to a different section everyday so everyone could see it;):D

Michael James
06-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Although new to turning and this forum, I have been heavily involved in some music forums and of course wade through some youtube threads.
I know I haven't read every post on here (yet). I have yet to see anyone get flamed or a rude remark at all. How civilized and refreshing.
Thanks and keep it up, my impressions are that the cumminity will back the mods up.
Happy fathers to all the dads ( I know.... wrong site)
mj

Tom Sherman
06-20-2010, 12:02 AM
I agree also, having been away for almost two years it's nice to see some things are still held together well.

Roland Martin
06-20-2010, 9:14 AM
Well said & spot on. I'ts easy to take things for granted and forget a big reason that SMC is such a great place to share & learn.

"A big well deserved thank you to all the moderators & administrators that keep this ship sailing in the right direction."

Bernie Weishapl
06-20-2010, 9:20 AM
Well said Fred.

bob svoboda
06-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Cheers to the Mod's and this great forum!

Sid Matheny
06-20-2010, 7:43 PM
As an administrator on another WW forum I can tell you that a mod's job isn't always an easy one. I think they are doing a super job! Keep it up.

Sid

Allen Neighbors
06-20-2010, 9:35 PM
Hear ye!! Hear ye! All the above!!

Chris Padilla
06-22-2010, 9:20 PM
The Mods on SMC SO RULE! They are really upstanding folks and some of the coolest people you'll ever meet! Really!

:)

Jim Koepke
06-23-2010, 1:42 AM
John's a Moderator? What did he do to get punished that way?

Poor guy, hope he can get himself out of it.:p:D:cool:

I know the pain. I am a moderator on a BBS that just will not die. Parts of it have been around since the late 1970s and early 1980s.

jim

Belinda Barfield
06-23-2010, 8:27 AM
Ditto what Fred said!

I have yet to see anyone get flamed or a rude remark at all.

Oh, it happens. I got royally ripped on my first post. The fact that you don't see those posts are because the Mods do such an excellent job.

Prashun Patel
06-23-2010, 9:09 AM
There's a general tone of humility and encouragement here. I love it.
I've seen people start out a little edgier and slowly mellow with age. I think that's due to the Moderators.

Nice job!