PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley is a class act

David Gilbert
06-19-2010, 4:16 PM
Months ago I ordered a thread identifier from Lee Valley in the winter. I received the rest of the order promptly but the thread identifier was back ordered. I finally received it earlier this month (in June). It worked as expected but I noticed that the painted thread sizes were very easily rubbed off. Apparently the oil that protected the steel from rusting also softened the paint. I that thought that I might call LV about the problem with the paint but I like the design and would have kept the identifier anyway.

In today's mail I received a note from Lee Valley that discussed the problem and credited my charge card with the cost of the thread identifier. They told me to keep the identifier and they included cards with the thread sized printed on them that I could keep for reference.

Thanks to Lee Valley for their outstanding customer service. I don't know of many companies that would take such a proactive position.

Cheers,
David

doug faist
06-19-2010, 5:35 PM
Though their prices are sometimes a bit on the steep side, that attitude towards customer service has kept me coming back time and time again.

Too bad that what is obvious to customers is not reflected in the commitment to customer service from other companies.

Kudos to Lee Valley!

george wilson
06-19-2010, 5:48 PM
Paint? Cards? I haven't been able to see this product. What's wrong with the solid steel thread gauges with fold out leaves made by Starrett and every one else that don't have paint that wipes off?

Maybe I have the wrong impression of what this product is.

Gene Howe
06-19-2010, 6:09 PM
You got that right, David.

Ken Peluso
06-19-2010, 6:47 PM
+1 from me as well. I recently purchased a scraping plane from them that I used a few time before I turned it upside down to wipe the sole to have one of the handle bolts fall onto the bench. I tried to reinsert it but it was too short.

I call them on a Saturday expecting them to mail me the correct screw. Instead they sent a new plane along wi a note that they have inspected this one by hand to assure everything was in proper working order. They even completed my return shipping label by hand.

Litte things, I know, but they go a long way these days.

Darnell Hagen
06-19-2010, 10:25 PM
I wish all companies had Lee Valleys customer service. I have always been treated very well, the employees care, and they see their company through the customers eyes. Their attitude toward recycling and clamshell packaging is excellent.

My only beef is backordered items must be picked up at the store (or pay shipping). I can't not buy something every time I go. :D

Chuck Harris
06-19-2010, 10:32 PM
I have bought several planes and other items from Lee Valley in the past. For the price their planes are a very good value and the quality is top notch. I will continue to be a customer because in the end their customer service is first rate.

Matt Lau
06-20-2010, 3:48 AM
Lee Valley and AG Russell are the two companies that I'd like to emulate with my future practice.

It's my favorite tool company (including dental tools).

Jerry Olexa
06-21-2010, 4:46 PM
yes, they are a class act...And great catalogs too...

glenn bradley
06-21-2010, 5:42 PM
They are one of my first picks when I am shopping for something. Similar experiences here including emails from Rob Lee and a great CS team on the phone and online.

Rick Fisher
06-22-2010, 5:11 AM
Its because they are Canadian.. :)

Know how to get a group of drunk and rowdy Canadian's out of your bar at closing time ?

Simple.. Ask them to leave. :)