PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Bowl #3

Scott Coffelt
11-28-2004, 11:28 PM
#3 Lacewood. Something basic in design.

I also turned a square bowl out of Zebrawood, but accidentally punched through the inside. I plan to turn another one to match to it in a different wood and then attach and finish off. It will require some serious work.... we'll see how it turns out of the next few weeks. I need to pick up a chunk of walnut for the bottom. So hopefully pictures soon.

Glenn Hodges
11-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Really nice for only bowl #3. I used found wood for a long time and still do before I would buy expensive stuff like this, you have a brave heart. I punched a hole in many a bottom. It always helps to say how big the piece is and how you finished it. Keep the pictures comming.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Scott....I really like the lines on this one. Great job!

Scott Coffelt
11-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Sorry Glen,

Bowl #1 started as a a block of 6x6x3, with a lid that was 6x6x1. Turned they are arounf 5" in diameter.

Bowl #2 started out as a block around 5x5x5 and is now around 4" diameter and tall.

Bowl #3 started out as a blank 6x6x2 and is now about 5" diamter and 1 1/2" tall.

All are finished with stick wax and Hut friction polish.

As far as the punch through, that was only second one for me. Sad part was the hard part was done the curvature of the outside edge of a square bowl. I was working the easy part the inside. I should have go straight down and decided to take it in a little to create a undercut edge.