PDA

View Full Version : I will admit to a "duh moment"...

Phyllis Meyer
06-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Ok guys, my husband and I were gone for a few days and when we got home I was checking the caller ID, there was a phone number on there that I didn't recognize-wireless caller...they called about 10 times while we were gone. I was anxious to call them back thinking it must be a big order for sure!

IT WAS MY OWN CELL PHONE:rolleyes: I didn't recognize the number...who calls their own cell phone? I called home to check calls all the while we were gone...

MY "DUH MOMENT":D

Have a great weekend everyone!
Phyllis:)

David G Baker
06-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Isn't technology great. :D

Gene Howe
06-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Now, that there is funny.:D

Ben Franz
06-18-2010, 11:37 AM
I, for one, can attest that incidents like this one are getting to be a lot more common as the years pass. Now, what was I saying?

Lee Schierer
06-18-2010, 11:39 AM
And you didn't believe people that told you that you would be talking to yourself when you got older..:D

It's all down hill from here.

Mitchell Andrus
06-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I plugged an extension cord into itself and wondered why nothing on the other end was getting power.

Does that count as a "duh"?

Rich Stewart
06-18-2010, 1:26 PM
I have had people ask me my phone number and I didn't know what it is. I never call myself.

Belinda Barfield
06-18-2010, 4:10 PM
I've seen your photo so I know this doesn't apply.A friend of mine calls an incident like that a "fake blonde" moment. :D Very similar to trying to call my friend on the TV remote and wondering why she didn't answer. :o

Tom Winship
06-18-2010, 5:48 PM
At least you didn't have the number blocked from your home phone. Now that would have really been funny.........

Chris Kennedy
06-18-2010, 8:18 PM
I have had people ask me my phone number and I didn't know what it is. I never call myself.

My wife and I had a commuter marriage for a couple of years, and on several occasions I arranged plane tickets for her. The travel agent would ask for her phone number, and my response was "Speed Dial 1." It would always take me a moment to remember her actual phone number.

Cheers,

Chris

Neal Clayton
06-18-2010, 11:15 PM
my most recent cellphone funny story...

it starts with a popular coonass expression, regarding "frog in your pocket". my dad says it all the time. it's the the response to 'we' need to do something, whatever something is. the response is "we? got a frog in your pocket?" (as in you need to do it yourself, not 'we'). i don't know why a frog in your pocket makes you yell 'whee!' but it is what it is.

anyways, my nephew is official fishing charter of any and all family/friends that wanna go fish from my dad's boat. a thankless (and often pay-less) job, but in exchange he gets to use the boat whenever he wants for himself. so, there was something not on the radar in the boat that was an optional upgrade that my nephew mentioned to my dad, that went something like..

we need to get this for the boat.

we? got a frog in your pocket? you want it you pay for it

but of course every time my dad sends my nephew to do something for him, it's 'we' need to do this, or 'we' need to do that.

so my nephew, knowing my dad barely knows how to operate his cell phone, changed all of his ringtones to a frog. now my dad always has a frog in his pocket...and isn't too pleased about it, but we all find it funny.

Belinda Barfield
06-19-2010, 6:43 AM
i don't know why a frog in your pocket makes you yell 'whee!' but it is what it is.

Too funny, Neal. I don't seem to have a problem with this though as a frog in my pocket makes me yell "woo hoo!":D

Don Stanley
06-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Ok guys, my husband and I were gone for a few days and when we got home I was checking the caller ID, there was a phone number on there that I didn't recognize-wireless caller...they called about 10 times while we were gone. I was anxious to call them back thinking it must be a big order for sure!

IT WAS MY OWN CELL PHONE:rolleyes: I didn't recognize the number...who calls their own cell phone? I called home to check calls all the while we were gone...

MY "DUH MOMENT":D

Have a great weekend everyone!
Phyllis:)

I'm old enough to call this a Senior Moment! :(

Dave Johnson29
06-20-2010, 12:45 PM
trying to call my friend on the TV remote and wondering why she didn't answer.

Or, while in a slightly inebriated state, getting mad at the stupid ATM for not accepting the card three times, then keeping it. Great embarrassment the next day going to the bank to get my Library card back.

Michael MacDonald
06-21-2010, 11:01 AM
my most recent cellphone funny story...

it starts with a popular coonass expression, regarding "frog in your pocket". my dad says it all the time. it's the the response to 'we' need to do something, whatever something is. the response is "we? got a frog in your pocket?" (as in you need to do it yourself, not 'we'). i don't know why a frog in your pocket makes you yell 'whee!' but it is what it is.

funny story. didn't know there were frog ring tones.

My interpretation is not that the frog makes you yell whee... but the "we" is you & the frog... if you didn't have the frog, then you would be saying "I"...

or am I taking this too seriously?

Neal Clayton
06-22-2010, 3:23 PM
you may be right. i never bothered to ask about the history of the frog in your pocket saying for fear of the strange looks i'd probably get.