PDA

View Full Version : VyTek Vector Cutting??????

Sam Johns
06-17-2010, 6:25 PM
I am trynig to vector cut circles on my vytek MLT 4896 and the circles turn out really raged and out of round. I am draving the circles in auto cad and also some in solidworks then sending them to corel draw and saving the file as hpgl. I cuts lines fine but not circles. Anyone else have this same problem or have experience with vector cutting on a vytek?????

Thanks

James Stokes
06-17-2010, 8:42 PM
It is typical with the Vytek lasers. They were not designed to cut. The problem is due to the motor used, as it goes around the circle the stepper ratio is off. You will never get a smooth circle.

Zsolt Paul
06-17-2010, 10:53 PM
I have a vytek machine and never had a problem cutting circles. Do you have "laserworx"? Vytek sells this software for cutting with their machines. I am curious if you had drawn the circles in laserworx (or imported a file into laserworx) and then sent the job as ucj file (plotting) would it come out better? What is the diameter of the circles?

Sam Johns
06-18-2010, 12:41 PM
No i do not have laserworx. the size of the circles are .5 inches. I did do a 18 inch circle that did turn out good. It seems like the bigger the circle the better quality it is.

Zsolt Paul
06-18-2010, 11:59 PM
I would give Vytek a call. I've had good experience with their support (although I've heard others had not). Also, make sure that your rollers and guide rails are very clean. Those little "bumps" from dirt can introduce "wiggles". Also, check your alignment. Alghouth if the circles are drastically off then it wouldn't be from those. Its just that when you say that large circles are OK, smaller ones are not...these little inacuracies from dirt and alignment would def be more noticeable on smaller pieces.

Melinda Mendez
12-12-2017, 8:53 PM
Hello!

I am trying to get my LaserWorx to work with me. I have a Vytek, and I am trying to get the program to cut a stencil for me. I have imported my image from CoralDraw into LaserWorx. The result on the LaserWorx is, the lines on my sample is uneven on screen, whereas, on CoralDraw it is beautiful. I have tried everything I can thing of to get LaserWorx to work in my favor.
Can you anyone please help me!!!
Sincerely,
Distressed & Frustrated