PDA

View Full Version : Old tools near Phily

Harlan Barnhart
06-17-2010, 5:27 PM
I am planning a weekend trip to Philadelphia. Any flea markets/antique dealers I should know about?

Peace,
Harlan Barnhart

george wilson
06-17-2010, 8:27 PM
Driove up to Adamstown. Go to Renninger's and the Black Angus.They are right on the highway running through town. Not sure how far from Philly,but an incredible place to look for nearly everything. In the Black Angus,there are special tool dealers. I haven't been there for quite a while,but you will find plenty of tools.

Jake Rothermel
06-18-2010, 5:01 PM
Try the Q-Mart up in Quakertown. Again, not really near Philly but has a good handful of used tool dealers and some have some REAL finds. Good luck!

Harlan Barnhart
06-20-2010, 9:53 PM
As it turned out there was no time for tools shopping but as my wife and I were walking in Old Philadelphia, I noticed a sign with an arrow that said "FLEA MARKET". So we detoured around that block having nothing better to do. Here is what I found.

It's not exactly a Tormek but it runs nice for $20. I imagine it will run smoother when I replace that cheap, noticeably crooked wheel on the left.

edit: I did feel a little funny walking into the lobby of the Raddison (thank you, priceline) carrying a flea market grinder up to my room...

Peace,
Harlan