PDA

View Full Version : Bill Huber - "Congratulations"

Jim Eller
06-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Got my latest issue of ShopNotes yesterday. I was scanning through it and I see our own Bill Huber's name in the Reader's Tips section(I think this is "again" if my memory serves me right).

"Congratulations" Bill.

Jim

Jim O'Dell
06-17-2010, 12:00 PM
I think you are right, Jim. Seems like maybe a year ago he had one in there. So Bill, what was this tip? Jim.

Bill Huber
06-17-2010, 3:05 PM
Thanks guys.....:D

This is the 3rd one they have bought, at $75 a pop it helps buy wood.

Jim Eller
06-19-2010, 9:37 PM
Holy Moly!! With those kid of rewards and that frequency, you'll be independently wealthy in no time.

Jim, the tip was how to cut the saw kerf in a ZCI for your bandsaw using Bill's jig.

Keep 'um comin' Bill.

Bruce Page
06-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Congrats Bill!

Bill Huber
06-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Holy Moly!! With those kid of rewards and that frequency, you'll be independently wealthy in no time.

Sure, I am planning on retiring on it ..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The thing is most of the people on this site are a lot smarter then I am but they don't send in their ideas, wish they did.

It is very easy to do, take a picture of the idea, write up what it does. Upload the image and paste in the text and hit the submit button.

Kevin Gregoire
06-20-2010, 10:35 AM
which magazine pays the most?
can you send to more then one mag or if one declines can you try another?

Bill Huber
06-20-2010, 10:48 AM
which magazine pays the most?
can you send to more then one mag or if one declines can you try another?

I send everything to ShopNotes, they do send you a release letter. The letter states that your idea has not been used by any other magazine and when you sign the check they will send, they have all rights to it.

I have not sent any ideas to other magazines so I really don't know what others pay.

Joseph Tarantino
06-20-2010, 10:00 PM
what is the publication date or issue number of the issue with bill's tip. got a funny feeling something is not right with my subscription. thanks.

Bill Huber
06-21-2010, 7:30 PM
what is the publication date or issue number of the issue with bill's tip. got a funny feeling something is not right with my subscription. thanks.

I just got mine today.

Vol.19 Issue 112

Don't know when the next one will be but they have it and I have the check.

Paul McGaha
06-21-2010, 9:00 PM
Congratulations Bill.

PHM

Leo Graywacz
06-21-2010, 9:14 PM
Nice job Bill.