PDA

View Full Version : SawStop ICS Gloat

Dave MacArthur
06-17-2010, 2:06 AM
Well, after much searching of Craigs List for years and years, I hit the mother-lode! I loved my PM66, but for the price I got this saw, I can sell the PM66 and break even, AND get a huge assembly/outfeed table out of it!

SawStop ICS 2007, 5HP, 2 normal cartridges, dado cartridge, Freud blade:
new value ~ $3700. Perfect condition.
mongo-sized 64"x 80" outfeed/assembly table on casters w/ torsion box top.

Delivered to my garage via lift-gate: $1800

There's actually MORE, but I don't have time to post it just now, I think you'll see what I'm talking about sitting on top of my outfeed/assembly table...

Joe Jensen
06-17-2010, 2:24 AM
Nice gloat. I hd a gold PM66 that I bought new in 1990 and in 2006 I sold it and bought a SawStop ICS. I however bought the SawStop new :(

Dave MacArthur
06-17-2010, 3:31 AM
SawStop was a good deal, but the the combo package is what made me feel it was a super deal. Once seller was driving 140 miles to deliver saw to my shop (wow!), and I was willing to buy his cyclone and all his ducting, I guess it was worth his time to just offer me a great deal and do it all at once. I actually bought an Agazzani 20 Band Saw from him 2 weeks ago, and learned he was selling off all his shop. He called me the next day and offered me most of his pro-quality equipment at 1/3 to 1/2 price, willing to deliver. Unbelievably, my wife thought buying a SawStop, cyclone, and planer was a reasonable deal for and approved the deal on condition I use it to build her an upstairs laundry. I made the deal and today he delivered it all to my garage with a lift-gate. Great guy, and a pleasure to deal with, and probably all said the best deal I'll run across in my life.

Oneida 5HP Pro2000 w/ 55 gal fiber drum, stand, silencer, filter ~ $2600 shipped.
About $1500 worth of ducting: Entire commercial shop worth of heavy-gauge Oneida spiral ducting, 80' of 8", 7", 6" piping, 30' of 5" and 4" piping, 10 blast gates, 30' of 5" and 4" flex hose, 10 adjustable wide radius elbows, 8 Y's.
Delivery maybe $350 more. Total value new $4450 without tax.

Lift gate delivery to my shop: $1200!

Cyclones and DC are something I've been researching for years, I've been using a Delta 50-760 1.5HP Dust collector. It's been decent for chip collection, but I can't run duct long enough to exhaust outside which is what I really want to do, and the filter bag (even with the good one they sell) really was just pumping the fines back into my air. I totally didn't expect to buy a 5HP cyclone,

Dave MacArthur
06-17-2010, 3:56 AM
And lastly... the deal just kept growing! At the last minute, after researching the numbers, I decided I couldn't pass up this deal:
Powermatic 20" Planer, model 208: $2069 new (2004 model).
Byrd Shelix cutterhead, all chits on first side, smooth cut: $1600
Shipping etc. maybe $200?
Total value new: around $3900

Delivered to my shop via Lift-gate: $1000
Wow!
I've got a DeWalt 735 almost brand new (sold a 2nd one last year for $400) which I expect I might be able to sell with the in/out tables and a cart for $450, making this 20" PM planer with shelix cost about $550 net.

Well, that's it. One big splurge after years of Craigs List shopping, Agazzani 20" band saw, SawStop ICS 5HP, outfeed/assembly table, PM 20" planer w/ shelix, Oneida Pro2000 5HP cyclone with ducting, all for 37% of new cost.
Very happy shopper!

John Keeton
06-17-2010, 6:34 AM
WOW!!!!

Dave, you need to go buy a lottery ticket!!!! No, wait!! You've already won the lottery!

Those are phenomenal buys, and to be able to score all of that from one source, delivered, is unbelievable - good thing you have the pics!!:D;)

Congrats - BIG TIME!!

Chris Nolin
06-17-2010, 9:45 AM
Dave, this is clearly the biggest, most incredible gloat I have ever seen. Fantastic find! I thought I was a pretty savvy craigslist shopper who was going to hold the title of Best Gloat of 2010. But no, my friend, it is you. Since no one has said it yet...

YOU SUCK!!!!
:)

BTW, this is the first "you suck" I've ever given. You've earned it!

Art Mulder
06-17-2010, 11:06 AM
There isn't a font large enough to say how much you suck. ;)

There also isn't a font green enough to convey how green with jealousy many of us are. But I have at least calmed down a bit, as after your first post I thought that the Cyclone had been included in that $1800 price! :eek:

That is a seriously gloatable score. Congratulations!

Unbelievably, my wife [...] approved the deal on condition I use it to build her an upstairs laundry. I made the deal ...

You've got a keeper there, Dave. :p

Pete Shermet
06-17-2010, 11:19 AM
And you didn't even have to use a gun!!!! LOL Congrats!!!!

Don Bullock
06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
WOW!!!! Now, that's what I call a gloat. Actually a bunch of gloats all in one post. You made a great deal with your wife too. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

mreza Salav
06-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Congrat's! You've got a GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT deal!
I bought a used ICS SS but wasn't near as good a deal as yours.
Still looking for a good deal on a used cyclone but I don't think I'll ever come close to your deal!
Enjoy it!

Brent Ring
06-17-2010, 12:43 PM
There isn't a font large enough to say how much you suck. ;)

There also isn't a font green enough to convey how green with jealousy many of us are. But I have at least calmed down a bit, as after your first post I thought that the Cyclone had been included in that $1800 price! :eek:

That is a seriously gloatable score. Congratulations!

You've got a keeper there, Dave. :p

+1 on all accounts - Congrats Dave!

Paul Johnstone
06-17-2010, 1:22 PM
yea, defnitely the biggest gloat I've seen in a long time.

Once in a lifetime score.. Glad you were able to get it.

Van Huskey
06-17-2010, 1:29 PM
THE SUCKAGE IS STRONG IN YOU MY FRIEND!

There are a lot of times I give suckage when I probably wouldn't actually buy what they did despite the deal, this is one case where I would have bought everything you did and kept it all! You got the only cabinet saw I would trade my PM2000 for a heck of a deal. :D

glenn bradley
06-17-2010, 2:23 PM
SCORE! Congrats . . . oh yeah;
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=147964&d=1271047610

michael case
06-17-2010, 6:18 PM
I switched from a PM66 to an ISS three years ago and found the ISS a far, far more accurate and well built machine. Go inside and look at those trunnions! I hope they included the manual its really a must have. Congrats!

Steve Bracken
06-17-2010, 6:23 PM
I really hope they are his to sell :D:D

Brian Kincaid
06-17-2010, 6:26 PM
wow............................................... .................................................. ............................

-Brian

Paul McGaha
06-17-2010, 8:32 PM
Dave,

That is spectacular. I'd vote for that for gloat of the year.

If you dont need all the duct and fittings you could maybe sell them and make the cost of those tools even less.

Awesome.

You suck.

PHM

Van Huskey
06-17-2010, 8:57 PM
Dave,

That is spectacular. I'd vote for that for gloat of the year.

If you dont need all the duct and fittings you could maybe sell them and make the cost of those tools even less.

Awesome.

You suck.

PHM

At first I was going to agree, but wasn't it this year that someone got a whole catalog of new LN hand tools and a bunch of other stuff for dirt, maybe even a SS too?

Not taking away from your gloat Dave as I would have much preferred your deal because it is things I would actually keep. I saw a LN plane one time, held it and it looked well made, I was lookng for the cord (figured it was detachable like a Festool) when I found out it didn't have one I wasn't so impressed.... :D

Bill ThompsonNM
06-18-2010, 12:05 AM
So what the heck are you going to look for on craigs list ni
now Dave? Hmm maybe you'll leave something for the rest of us!

Dave MacArthur
06-18-2010, 1:41 AM
LOL...
you know, every time I see a thread "Looking for a new XXXX", I'm all over that, trying to find where they live, pulling up CL... I do love finding a deal! So, now I'm shopping for SMC folks I guess.

Although I DID call that guy on his NRA-600 band saw you mentioned last week, I'd already emailed him... already had a B20, but you know, if there's a B24 for $600, how can you say no?? ;) He emailed me some pics, 15 year old saw no doors, chained to his wall in front of his garage, rusty.

Uhm... and I guess I did call the estate sale where I saw an LT-18 in the background in one pic that they didn't advertise, they'd already sold it, but I had room next to the B20... I figured someone in Phoenix would want it soon...

Maybe I need to look into treatment for this heh... But I figure, buying/selling stocks is a crap shoot, if I find a great tool for $500 that I know someone here would love for $700, it's more interesting AND less risky. So really it's all about community service hey? That's what I told the wife.

Van Huskey
06-18-2010, 4:46 AM
You da man Dave. I was thinking I would give you a shopping list and pay you to round them up for me, then I figured the 40 hour round trip would dent the deal, but if you find another load like you did this time I'll make the trip and buy you more than a beer!!!

Chris Nolin
06-18-2010, 9:02 AM
Van,

I think you were remembering my SawStop/LN/etc. gloat from January, linked here if you want to compare:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=130385

But Dave has this one beat by a mile! I guess we Zoomies are a cheap and wiley bunch! :cool:

Now, if you'll excuse me I must go. It's Friday...prime tool hunting time on CL. Must satisfy these atavistic urges!

Alan Lightstone
06-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Mother of All Gloats

Shock and Awe from all.

Van Huskey
06-18-2010, 1:34 PM
Van,

I think you were remembering my SawStop/LN/etc. gloat from January, linked here if you want to compare:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=130385

But Dave has this one beat by a mile! I guess we Zoomies are a cheap and wiley bunch! :cool:

Now, if you'll excuse me I must go. It's Friday...prime tool hunting time on CL. Must satisfy these atavistic urges!

Chris, I was thinkng of your thread and Dave does have you beat, but not by a whole lot. I also had your mixed up with another thread also, this one all the LN stuff was still in boxes and there was a pic of them on a folding table in a garage. I did a cursory search and didn't find it. Since I had it mixed up with your post and the ICS I doubt it was as good a deal either.

Now you guys have me wondering if you are using one of those "birds" from work to get there first... :D:D:D:D