PDA

View Full Version : Parts needed

Brian Greb
06-16-2010, 2:30 PM
Hey y'all,
I am in the process of gathering all the parts necessary to make a adjustable infill scraper plane. I had no problem getting the metal and the frog/cap assembly. What I'm having an issue getting is a cap screw and one of the adjuster nuts. The frog and cap I'm using is off of a #12. So I was wondering if anyone has a cap screw or adjuster nut that they could part with.

P.S. I know I can buy them on-line used for like $45~$60:eek: thats a bit outragius... I think. ...here is hoping that one of you kind folks can help a guy out.

Jim Koepke
06-16-2010, 3:15 PM
Brian,

I am usually happy to help folks with their part needs. In this case, I have not been buying any of the scraper planes so I do not have any spare parts.

There is a #12 in my shop that can be checked for the thread pitch and sizes. If any substitution parts will work the information will be posted here.

jim

James Taglienti
06-16-2010, 3:31 PM
i can check with a friend brian but i don't think he'll part with them for cheap

David Weaver
06-16-2010, 3:48 PM
May be better just to buy a junk 12 for $50 or $60, take what you need off of it, and sell the rest.

Dave Matson
06-17-2010, 7:59 PM
st james bay tool co might have the parts

this is what they say on their site:

#12-#112 Lever cap screw $7.95
#12-#112 Blade aujst. Knob pair $12.95

http://stjamesbaytoolco.com/
From their website click on Tools -> stanley Reproduction Replacement Parts

I've been meaning to order a few things from them but just never seem to get around to it.

Brian Greb
06-17-2010, 8:13 PM
I picked up a rusty and dusty 12 1/2 I'll strip it of the parts I need a sell off the base castings and extra whatnot I don't need.

Thanks for the help guys.