PDA

View Full Version : This realy sucks!

Mike Golka
06-16-2010, 8:23 AM
Well, not my pump, that's the problem. I got a Gast 523 pump off Ebay for a reasonable price but the vanes are worn. I called the factory and they said the repair kit (K478a) was available for $56.10 but then said that because I was calling from Canada I would have to go through a local dealer. After calling 2 and getting the same answer, $130.00 and 3week delivery I realized there certainly was no FREE trade here.:mad: So I guess my question is this " is there a fellow Creeker out there that may be willing to help a Canuk save a few bucks and play the middle man?" Even with the exchange rate this is just too big a rip off.

Mike Golka
06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Anybody willing to sell a Gast K478A repair kit?

Charles Drake
06-18-2010, 5:39 AM
You might want to check Brenner Fiedler (800-843-5558). They have kit listed for about $59. There is a guy on ebay who sells them occasionally for about $50 (I bought one) but don't recall name. Good luck-Charlie.

Andrew Kertesz
06-18-2010, 5:57 AM
The problem here is it still has to go through customs. Also, let's face it the Canadian mail system sucks. I sold some pen turing items to a guy in Canada, just some acrylic rods in a mailing tube. Took almost a month and he had to pay an extra customs fee.